Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out to Fayette with a client for a nice windy and chilly Sunday. We started out on a deep crank bite which produced right away but with the sun out, died quickly. I even caught one on a Tru-Tungsten swim bait. A cloudy day keeps them going much longer. We then moved over to a grass area and started hookin 'em up on traps. They would slam the lure as soon as it hit the water and just plain engulfed the whole trap. I guess they were hungry. Had a fun time hooking into some with traps and plastics. Headed over to another area with rocks and caught some nice ones on shaky heads but that didn't last long being in the brunt of the wind so headed to the discharge. Throwing cranks and plastics, we hooked into several more solid fish up to 6 pounds. To end the day, we headed back to the grassline we found the fish earlier on and hooked into some more solid fish. The day was a great quality bite and we only had one fish at 2.5 lbs. All the rest were very healthy 4-6.5 lb bass. The bite was a little off from the front but when you can catch just over a dozen from 4-6.5 lbs, it's a pretty good day. Fun stuff!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My client only took one picture so if they send it to me, I'll post it. Definitely fun out there right now. Anyone ready to go, I've got just a few days open this week and then after Christmas. I'll be on Falcon next week. ;) FUN!

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the reprot, I just love going down there and getting my line stretched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.