Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booker and I hit Fayette on Friday. Got there around 7:30 and fished until the front hit around 4. Started shallow w/ nothing to show but mucky snotgrass. Moved to some deeper trees and started catching them. Moved to deep points w/ rigs and caught a few more. Wasnt the typical Fayette as most fish were under 3lbs.

Later in the day we decided to go back to the deep tree pattern. We then proceeded to get our tail kicked. Got broke off on 15lb flouro/braid 8-10x. I have no idea how big they were because we never saw them but they felt like Falcon bass.

All in all we caught around 50 fish and had a decent day. All fish came on Tx rig/Crig rattlesnakes. Color of choice Ssabednarg

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Nice report. Sounds like a great time. Except for the breaking off part.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It was a good time, just hate to break off like that......oh well, at least it wasn't a tourney. Those things are as mean as ever. I had one lipped, and it decided to clamp down and shake its head about 6000 RPMs. Ripped my dang cuticle off my thumb.

I still don't know what the purpse of a cuticle is, but trust me it hurts if you suddenly fuind yourself without one. :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
We went on 11/30 and it was the worst trip I have ever had to Fayette. Put eight fish in the boat. Lost 4 small ones close to the boat and had 2 better fish snap off. The biggest was about 3.5lbs. Most fish were closer to 1-2lbs. I have gone 3 other times in the last month and caught best 5 fish going 25lbs, 22lbs and 18lbs. I dont get it. The bigger fish have turned off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the post Robby! My son and I are planning on giving Fayette a try this coming weekend if the weather turns out like the weather man is predicting. I have a couple bags of the rattle snakes so we can give them a try. I haven't gained confidence in them yet but admit I haven't really given them a fair try yet. Are you fishing them T rig with light weight or no weight and pitching close to deep tree trunks and then letting the bait fall as close to to the truck as possible? I have had luck doing that with brush hogs in the past on Fayette. Did you try fishing the dam any? Any suggestions to help me put him on some fish is appreciated.Thanks! - Javelin

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Javelin, I use the smallest weight (usually 1/4 or less depending on the wind) I can get away with and put it right next to the timber and peel the line so it falls as straight as possible. You just have to watch your line as it sinks, if it stop short of the depth, set the hook. I try not to get right up on the tree that i am flipping, that being said if you dont get bit on the fall, work it back to the boat cause sometimes they will shy away from the trees in heavy pressure. (kinda opposite of what you would think, but fish dont read magazines)

Fayette can be a strange bird, the day we went it was very overcast and you think they wouldnt be glued to the wood but they were (for us at least)

I dont fish they dam/discharge because I try to stay away from other boats (almost impossible on that lake) but I know many who do and they catchem.

Goodluck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.