Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I knew it was going to be a somewhat slow day yesterday due to some reports I’ve received from others who have been out there in the past week, but I had no clue it would take us all day to just put 14 fish in the boat. Dinks at that.

Water temp was around 82 to 87 depending on which end you were on. We fished grass, timber, shallow, deep, rip rap, intake, baffle dike, and we were still having issues with finding a good bite. Oh and the wind? Well some times there would be some good rollers on the lake, then the wind would subside a little just to get you to move to another spot and then it would pick up again. Judging from what I saw other anglers on the water doing, it appeared as though they too were on the move trying to find a good bite.

The water level has dropped around 12 to 14 inches since my last trip out there; therefore where we were getting all of that top water action is now about a foot or less deep. Guess I’ll have to make another trip to lake here pretty soon and find some decent fish. Our biggest catch was only in the two and a half pound range. I did hook up with one nice fish. It appeared to be around the upper four to five pound range, but I’ll never know for sure since it threw my bait.

We talked about fishing the discharge several times, but never ounce went in there. The fish that we did catch came from three areas. Catch a few fish, move on, and then return to catch a few more. But we did manage to get a double hook up at one point, but of course it was two dinks.

Even though the action was very slow, I suppose I still had a great time just for the simple fact of being on the water with good company.

Like I have said in the past, if a person never has a bad day on the water, then they wouldn’t have something to compare a good day with. So I suppose this was our bad day, and hopefully we will get em on the next trip.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
On a positive note, we covered our vehicles with tarps and returned to find the dang buzzards left them alone.

I drove home with a bunch of Fayette bugs in the truck. I stopped at the Whataburger drive through in Bastrop for a cup of coffee and a bunch flew in through their window. I'm sure they appreciated that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Zertis-On a positive note, we covered our vehicles with tarps and returned to find the dang buzzards left them alone.

So that was you!! My dad and I were fishing near Park Prairie and saw you guys and couldn't figure out why the tarps. I guessed you were going to fish into the night and wanted your truck to be dark if you needed to catch a nap OR you were trying to keep the bugs out. I guess I missed the report about the buzzards.

Fishytx, was that you in the yaks?

Thursday was definitely our lowest numbers day in a long time. We managed a few shallow early and a few more through out the day on c-rigs. Ended up with about 25.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.