Time: 6am-3pm
Launch: Oak Thicket
Air Temp: 52* at launch and 79* at take-out
Water Temp: 70* - 75* Depending on area of lake
Winds: SE 0mph
Pressure: 30.23 steady
Sky: Bluebird skies
Water: Stained

Launched and headed towards 3-Fingers. Started throwing a frog colored TW in a small reed cove 3-5ft deep with a soft grassy bottom with a 10-12ft drop-off close by. Every other cast was fish on, or huge blow-ups/misses. With in 45 minutes I boated 10-12 fish, missed several, had 1 come un-buttoned at boat and had 2 flip out of boat while getting camera/measuring stick. Most of these fish were 14" - 16" range with only a few going 17" - 18". The TW bite lasted about 1 hour and then shut off.

Decided to fish the reeds a while with plastic before banging the stumps with a jig. Managed several more throwing a TR 7" curly-tail worm blue-fleck back into the reed pockets. Again....most of these fish were 14-16" with only a few going larger.

Never was able to locate any sizable fish despite my best efforts. I threw SB's, jigs, large and small plastics and CB's. I fished all of 3-Fingers and then decided to paddle to the rock breaker wall at the dam. After the long paddle, the only thing I found was a dead floating fish.....and he wasn't hungry! Decided to paddle back across the lake and do some trolling with a deep CB in tilapia color.....again...no takers. Fished the reed bank all the way back to the dock and loaded up to head to Bastrop until dark.

All in all a great day, as I boated well over 15 fish.......too bad only a few were decent size. I didn't get my 5 fish limit of all 20"+....but I had a blast. I haven't decided where to go Sunday......but I might make the trip again.

Just a few pics....

Came across this and thought to myself "This guy is having a BAD day!" The worm was still stuck in his mouth and he was 15ft in the air!!!!

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the report. I didn't know a blue gill could jump that high to hit a bait.  ;D

· Registered
113 Posts
Very good report.

Finally fished Fayette for the first time in weeks. It was a beautiful day and the fish were definitely active. We talked about going to 3 Fingers, but never made it past Buzzard Pt. Lots of 13-14" fish being caught right now. Top waters early, c-rigs after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.