Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Fayette again today. Fished 7:00 - 2:00. Light breeze to breezy then turning calm shortly before leaving.

Caught 15 fish with several baits, popper, swimbait, wacky senko and 10 inch worm.

Started fast and furious, caught 7 in 25 minutes which left me with the other 8 coming throughout the day. Caught my largest right before leaving, a 5.5 lber. Best 5 would have been right around 20 lbs. Can't wait to go again. Sorry, no pics, I was alone.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You've been stacking up on 5lb's these last couple weeks. Bout time for that double digit! (Fishing at Fayette can't hurt)

Glad to hear you got some, crazy how fast it started but then slowed down. With the cloud cover I figured today's bite would last awhile.

Nice job!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
120A0B110A07100F030C620 said:
You've been stacking up on 5lb's these last couple weeks.
Thanks Josh, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.  ;)

756A7D7B667C0F0 said:
Don’t you just love that morning bite? Nice that you caught fish on different baits too. Top it off with a 5 1/2 pound heavy and it adds up to be a good day in my book Neil.
You bet Rick, plenty left for you guys to sore lip tomorrow. Good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Posted by: Emac Posted on: Yesterday at 3:09pm
Fayette has been so good to me this last year that I can't motivate myself to go to Choke or Falcon.

Fayette doesn't have the giant bass like Choke or Falcon, but the average size fish is pretty solid and you don't have the long drive either. Another big +... I don't think anyone has been be-headed or killed at Fayette in awhile, but a good fist fight will probably break out on the boat ramp at some point.

·
Registered
431 Posts
142437383239380917560 said:
nice, one of my friends said they had 11 in the boat by 7am..... sounds like u had a pretty good day too.
My Wife and I caught 16 in 45 minutes awhile back. She had 3 in the boat on frogs before I caught my first fish. I then caught 6 in 6 casts. They then just stopped and we caught 3 fish in the next 5 hours. When they're there, they're there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.