Bass Fishing Forum banner

Fayette 10/13/2010

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  phisherman 
#1 ·
Fished Fayette today for the first time this year. 7:00 - 1:00, light breeze starting out but later turned a bit windy. I fished different hydrilla/reed lines with sporadic success. Caught 12 fish, the biggest being the 5 lber below. Lousy picture, I was alone and thought I would try and post one picture. All other fish were slot fish with 5 other fish all around 4lbs. Good day for me out there since I don't really fish it very often. All fish were caught on a swimbait.

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks guys.

2C233922333E324A0 said:
Under the windy conditions we had today, heck Neil you did good. I talked to a friend who was out there today as well and he said he had a good morning bite, but after the wind kicked into high gear the bite died off.
It did get windy. I too had a hot start, 5 fish in the first 35 minutes. Then it was hunt around and find/catch fish. I did catch another three in another spot and lost 2 good fish in 2 other spots. Note to self, don't let fish jump with a heavy bait swinging from their mouth, they WILL get off.  ;)

#10 ·
Neil I was the guy you talked to at the ramp before you left. Doug said you were going to be there. I just didn't put two and two together.

I was all over the lake trying to find fish. First dozen came easy on top water. I had to work my butt off to get my last three. I got a bath every time I ran out into open water. The wind sure did get wicked in a hurry.

#11 ·
1B0413150812610 said:
Neil I was the guy you talked to at the ramp before you left. Doug said you were going to be there. I just didn't put two and two together.

I was all over the lake trying to find fish. First dozen came easy on top water. I had to work my butt off to get my last three. I got a bath every time I ran out into open water. The wind sure did get wicked in a hurry.
Nice to meet you out there. I was thinking I should have asked you if you posted on this forum after you said you were from Cedar Park, small World!

#15 ·
3627343B3E26253C3B550 said:
Is any particular size of a swimbait better than another.
Too many baits and too many applications to really answer that question easily. I can say the larger the bait you throw the less bites your going to get to some degree but those bites tend to be better. :)

Good resource for swimbaiting:

http://swimbaitnation.com/nationtalk/index.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.