Bass Fishing Forum banner

Fayette 10-12-08 W/P

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  lunker-hunter 
#1 ·
Have you ever had one of those fishing trips where you were not sure if you had a good time or not?  Well today was one of those days. The bite was so slow this morning. Oh wait, heck the bite was slow all day. There was no pattern what so ever. We caught our fish on plastic, top water baits, and cranks. Pitch here, pitch there, and hope for the best. I think what hurt us the most was the wind, because it got pretty windy out there for sure.

We ended up with something like twelve fish in the slot and the rest were dinks. So we did get a few in the three to five pound range. All the fish we caught today looked like little pot belly pigs. They must have ate all night long in the moon light because their oh bellies were just stuffed.

Any how, this ended up being our best one of the day, 5.8 lbs.

See less See more
#6 ·
I will have to admit, that one fish did put up one heck of a fight. At first I thought I had a big oh yellow cat on the end. It stripped line for some time and it showed no effort to surface like blacks do. Then it started to come up and I told Chris maybe this is a black, look it’s coming up. As I began to reel in the slack to turn the fish, it turned just beneath the surface and went back down stripping more line. It put up a great fight for sure. One of the better fights I have had in some time.

But to be honest, my shoulders are totally trashed out these days, and as every hour passes while fishing the pain level increases to the point where catching fish becomes no fun. I’m suppose to get both shoulder sockets replaced in the near future, but my doctor said that he wasn’t sure if that would even solve my problem. The problem is that my ligaments and tendons to my biceps continue to fray and tear. My doctor has already fixed both shoulders twice and he told me that he could no longer repair them because he has stretched, pulled and sewn everything back together to the point where there is no more material for him to work with. And my doctor has also told me to continue on with my fishing for now because there will come a time when this may all come to an end, so enjoy it while I can.

#8 ·
A lot of folks tell me that I look a lot like Jeff Foxworthy. But I really think they tie me back to Jeff due to my red neck country vocabulary that I have established over the years. But that’s fine by me, because I have a lot of that old country boy in me and I’m proud of it.

#9 ·
2B283A3A2F28273D283A3D202A490 said:
Only Doug could go out and have a 20 fish day with a 5.5 lb BB and say it "not sure if you had a good time or not" :p
Jim ;D
Jim I think my expectations are just much higher on this lake is all. If my partner and I do not catch at least 20 fish each, then yeah, I feel like we didn’t get on a good bite. Those who have fished this lake before know exactly what I’m talking about. The catch numbers are awesome, not to mention the quality of fish that will be caught as well. Fishing this lake is more like fishing in an over populated big stock tank.

#10 ·
That was a tough day for sure! That 5lber was a good looking fish, all the fish right now look fat and healthy. Totally different than 2-3 months ago when they were all skinny. Still good to be on the water though. Next time it's in my boat, and I get first cast at those topwater fish. ;)

#13 ·
I'am not whining, you agreed with me on this also. When both people are topwater fishing the front of the boat has an advantage on the aggressive fish. We'll see how you do next time if I keep you pointed out at the lake like I was ;D It doesn't bother me to be outfished I enjoy being on the water.

#14 ·
654B5242744C4242534255270 said:
[highlight]When both people are topwater fishing the front of the boat has an advantage on the aggressive fish.[/highlight]
Yes this is true. But I also try to leave you some fresh water to throw in, I don't hog it all. I even point out areas that I had left for you to chunk in that looks good. I try to be fare to my back seater most of the time. ;) :)

#16 ·
Kiss kiss, it’s all better now. Oh heck, we're just messing with each other. Chris is a great guy to fish with.

But on our next trip, he will end up catching more fish on the top water bite than I will, that's a given. We've talked about this several times and we both agree that the guy up front normally gets the bigger fish and has more blow ups. Or that’s the way it works out between us anyways.

#17 ·
I think there are a lot of situations where the guy up front has the advantage, but there are also times when the backseater has an advantage...ie: the guy in the front catches all the dinks from a spot leaving the big female for the backseater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.