Bass Fishing Forum banner

Fayette 10-10

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Chris Coufal 
#1 ·
We started throwing a pop-r at daylight on a spot I fished last Thursday. My wife and I boated 21 in the first hour with a 4.2 best. The fish were not hammering it hard and they missed often. Like turning off a light switch they were done before 8 AM when the wind started to pick up. Couldn’t buy a top water bite the next two hours on reeds and grass so we hit the road. Short trip but it was fun while it lasted.  

#2 ·
Rick, those spots we hit last week have slowed down some. A couple of other old spots are producing some nice size fish right now though. You got move around in order to find the best bite. Couple of my fishing buddies got on some good four pound fish Saturday.

#6 ·
I was out there with BassAm Sunday as well. He schooled me all day long on plastics, spinnerbaits and topwater early. I think we figured his best 5 to push 16#, which included a 5.6, and a few 3's as well. I had my butt handed to me. I couldnt catch a bite for nothing. Had several misses on topwater/spinnerbait. I literally didnt get my first fish until noon on a crankbait near the dam. I ended up downsizing and throwing a little pet spoon due to baitfish size and catching a few more small ones. Not the numbers like everyone else.

Edit...the fish still flies in the tree! Round and round it went!

#8 ·
6E617B60717C70080 said:
[quote author=1D2C31283A2F203A212C3B2428277C7E490 link=1286765206/0#3 date=1286811600]There sure are a lot of "spots" on FCL!
That statement is so true, but you need to know when to hit em at the right time. And some areas hold larger fish than others. It's been a search and find game for the last couple of weeks, that‘s for sure.
[/quote]

LOL! Yes, we've been fortunate in being able to learn a few good "spots" on FCL over the last few years. Our trip Saturday mirrored zertis post almost exactly. We caught 16 and lost 3 in a little less than an hour at one "spot". When the LMB were done, they were done!
;D

#9 ·
I looked for that fish but I didn't see it. Guess it wasn’t where I thought?

Lots of spots? There are so many spots on Fayette I have to name them to keep them straight.  

Fishless I understand your pain. I get schooled by Doug every stinking trip we make to Fayette. I’m thinking I should spike his coffee to increase my odds?  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.