Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body of Water: Fayette County
Weather Conditions: Clear and Cold 28-56
Water Conditions:Slight Stain 2-3 ft vis
Date(s) Fished: 1/2/10

Details of Trip:
Launched from Park Prairie at about 7am. Pretty chilly for the better part of the morning. We caught 7 for the day. Most came on crankbaits. We caught fish in anywhere from 7 to 40 feet of water. There was not one specific depth range they they appeared to be holding in. It was pretty much sporadic and we heard that from several boats out there. I did manage to snag one fatty that went just shy of 6lbs on a DD22. All in all not too bad considering the moon we had last night.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report, nice fish. I will be heading down there soon.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1334232B34233A3423510 said:
is that location where that old road bed runs through by the park praire ramp?

You know....it never even occurred to me that there is a road bed there. I guess that explains the telephone poles in the water. Crazy b/c I fish a road bed on Conroe that is exactly like this one on fayette and never made the connection.

So......I guess to answer you question: Yes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice fish!
I was out there on 1-2 also.
Lake was busier than I've seen it in a LONG time and there were 3-4 boats at every spot I wanted to fish.
Scrounged all morning and only got 2 dinks on a Rat-L-Trap in 6-8' of water. By afternoon, most of the boats had gone (I understand there was a tournament) and fishing picked up for me. Got about half dozen 2-3 lbs. on a drop shot in 15' on a main lake point. Had to cut the trip short though since the honey-do list was waiting :( I talked to a couple of other folks who had similar results with the bite picking up in afternoon.

Tight lines!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.