Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a late start and didn't get out there until almost 9am. I saw all the boat trailers and wondered "WTH is going on....there's never this many boats here". I didn't realize that there was a small tourney until reading another post. I never saw the traffic...so they must have all been on the other side of the lake. Anyways....here is my report:

Launch: Park Prairie
Time: 9am-7pm
Temp: 47* at launch, 62* at mid afternoon, 50* at takeout
Water: stained and 55*-60* depending on location and time of day
Wind: 2-5mph launch and 15mph in afternoon
Weather: Overcast until 11:30am then bluebird skies
Pressure: 29.30's all day

Caught 12 fish total: 3 on CB, 2 on Ball-N-Chain w/ crawdude, 7 on WW. Picked up the first 3 right away and then I went dry until 5pm. At 5pm I managed to grab the 2 on the plastic craw. The first 5 were all caught in 10-18 FOW and caught within 100 yards of each other. I saw the sun setting and the moon high in the sky and decided to go stage on a favorite reed bank and wait for the sun to go down. As soon as the sun was all the way down the fish turned on. From 6:05 - 6:45 I caught all 7 fish within about 20 yards of bank on WW. The problem was that they had no size. Every one of them was 16-17"......and I was looking for the 20+ers. I left them biting to go throw the plastic craw in the trees and came up empty. All in all a great trip and I was glad to find a few fish. Here are the best 4 fish with pic #5 representing the 7 fish I caught after dark because they all looked like this one.

BTW.....It was a perfect night on Fayette tonight when the sun went down. There was no wind, the moon was almost full and there were NO BUGS!!!!!! Had I not been getting up early to hit Lake Austin in the am......I would have stayed there several more hours.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Great report and pics. That's a long day in a yak.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
07243636313724262E450 said:
Great report and pics. That's a long day in a yak.
You would think that it's a long day, but it's not really. I do a lot of standing in the yak while I fish....so my back/butt don't get tired. I usually take me a couple of drinks, snickers and a few sandwiches to munch on while I am there. As long as the wind isn't beating me up too bad, I'm usually fine.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a 45 day tourney that is the 2 biggest fish you can catch. It's Texas guys against the rest of the USA! Right now I think 4 of the 5 people with fish posted are from Tx. I'm currently in the lead....but I'm sure it won't last long. :(

You guys with kayaks should really get in on these. This one is sponsored by G-Loomis and Wilderness I believe. 1st place is a new kayak. The first person to post a 25"+ fish gets a G-Loomis combo I believe. Pretty fun stuff.....and much cheaper than big boat tournaments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.