·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water: temp 59-89 (discharge)
Winds: Switching from w,nw,sw 5-10 mph
Foggy morning, then hazy/mostly cloudy
Air temp: 40-60

Made the run to Fayette again on Sunday with minimal luck. Wasn't a huge # day but we did catch a few healthy chunks with the biggest being 5.5 lbs. Caught maybe 10 or so in total with a few reaching up to 3-4 lbs mostly on lipless cranks over grass/discharge and the bigger fish on c-rigged big plastics in grass/creek channels. Couldn't find a consistent bite again but maybe I'm a few weeks early..or the fact that there is too much pressure on a weekend...Saw a few fish come off timber and dropshotting by the dam...Will be back soon during the week hopefully... :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
You guys gave the wrong directions, Fayette is on the TX-Mexico border near Zapata. Go about 300 miles, West-South West! ;D
Fayette is an amazing little fishing lake that kicks out a ton of solid 2-4# fish , but bigger fish (6+#s) are infrequent. Most days, you can pretty much pick your favorite technique and water depth and catch a few nice ones. The lake gets pretty crowded this time of year and for good reason. Be sure to bring your patience...Lots of inconsiderate fools on the boat ramps and sporadically on the lake (actually fools are not just isolated to Fayette, but seem to be extra stupid once they hit the warm water). Be sure to observe the no wake zone near the ramps as the game wardens love to write tickets as you come back in...Easy $$$$$ for them! Good luck! Sorry, got my panties in a wad there for a second!

·
Registered
115 Posts
"6 pounders like a mo fo"--Legitimate 6#er's!!?? Not the 4 & 5 # chunks that many people will call a 6 #er. Really, we need to talk. "You can learn me something". I've spoken to several of the guides that have been on the lake daily over the last few years and all have commented how the big fish are not as populated as they once were..Not completely gone, but infrequent! Then again, I did see 2 6pounders caught last week, maybe I need to stop fishing off the pier with c/rig crank baits! :D

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
734B45455445527F6A4F484E200 said:
You guys gave the wrong directions, Fayette is on the TX-Mexico border near Zapata. Go about 300 miles, West-South West!  ;D
Fayette is an amazing little fishing lake that kicks out a ton of solid 2-4# fish , but bigger fish (6+#s) are infrequent. Most days, you can pretty much pick your favorite technique and water depth and catch a few nice ones. The lake gets pretty crowded this time of year and for good reason. Be sure to bring your patience...Lots of inconsiderate fools on the boat ramps and sporadically on the lake (actually fools are not just isolated to Fayette, but seem to be extra stupid once they hit the warm water). Be sure to observe the no wake zone near the ramps as the game wardens love to write tickets as you come back in...Easy $$$$$ for them! Good luck! Sorry, got my panties in a wad there for a second!
Are you sure your not thinking about Falcon? Yhats on the border along with amistead wich is up river from falcon in Del Rio

·
Registered
147 Posts
0F2D30183E2B302D5F0 said:
Nice LCRA park with monitored parking and clean restrooms.
Most of the time clean. I did fish a tourney there one time. As soon as we got there at sunrise, someone had taken a dump in the urinal! That's messed up! Hard to get that visual out of my mind!

Sorry...guys, I had to tell the story.

·
Registered
147 Posts
4C53545252210 said:
[quote author=734B45455445527F6A4F484E200 link=1263856245/0#4 date=1263919120]You guys gave the wrong directions, Fayette is on the TX-Mexico border near Zapata. Go about 300 miles, West-South West!  ;D
Are you sure your not thinking about Falcon? Yhats on the border along with amistead wich is up river from falcon in Del Rio
[/quote]

That is Falcon. Was just there last month.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know, I know, where Fayette and Falcon are, just being a little sarcastic. Trying to protect the little fishing pond! ;)
Interesting story proGator, I guess when the morning coffee kicks in, it is time to go. Can't tell you how many times people pull up first thing in the morning and go straight to the bath room. The boat ramp can wait!! ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think I've fished Fayette about 6 times since late December and almost every trip someone in my boat has caught a 5 pounder. There are a lot of 3-5 pound footballs to catch, but no giants from what I've experienced and seen in reports.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here...two trips ago we caught a 6 & an 8 lber..but it does seem like my last 3 trips there has been a 5lber in the boat everytime also...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.