Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DATE/TIME: Sunday 03FEB08 7am-3pm
WEATHER: Heavy cloudy overcast with warm air temps in the 60's increasing to mid to 70s. Strong winds out of the SSW Powerplant towards Oak Thickett
WATER TEMP: 84 in the discharge, mid 65-67 range around the rest of the lake
VISIBILITY: 2-2.5 feet (water had the typical green stain.)

SUMMARY:
rmvfishing and I met up with Cliff from TBW and a couple other Triton Drivers for a little Fayette Jackpot but the group decided to fun fish instead. Good thing because the alledged slow Saturday bite really slowed down on Sunday.

We ended up with a whopping 6 fish boated. rmvfishing started us off by catching one on a lipless Megabass. First cast of the lure and he hooks up a fish. I think he's sold on Megabass now. He followed up by catching 2 more with a dropshot and a jig. I caught all mine flipping jigs tight to timber in 10-13 foot of water. All three were skinny 3 lbrs (X-scales not estimations).

Discharge: slow bites here and there
Baffle dike: no bites
Dam rip rap: no bites
Coves with timber: slow bites here and there

Not a stellar day by Fayette standards but still had fun spending time on the water. Good company: good times...

First cast with Megabass!

2 of Rude's 3's

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
;D

Ps. Hollywood, what is that Tat on your hand? See the girlfriend late last night or what? ;D

Second, what is that black ring on the Ultra? Get rid of that, not the same action. Tie directly to the lure.

EA

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
First, thanks Rude for taking me. I had a lot of fun. Learned a lot of things today. ;) I love that lipless crank already. I knew it would catch a fish. 8)

It was very slow. I missed a few fish on the drop shot. I had a lot of thieves steal my drop shot worms before I could set the hook. :mad: Next time they won't be so lucky.

Thanks again Rude for taking me, had a blast, and got to see a different side of Fayette.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Oh, about that black ring. That's not a snap. EA, it came with the Ultra. I like it with that. Gives it a wider wobble IMHO, and more action.

And that "tat" on my hand was the password for the LA kayak T. Has to be in the photo for the fish to count. It's in sharpie, so it appearantly didn't come off. ::)

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is a pic from Friday afternoon with my new fishing partner.  We(I)caught over 20 fish and he reeled 5 or so in for me.  He really just wanted to be the one that got to throw them back.

A few more years and I'll have the perfect tourney partner.

And one that was a little too big for him to hold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.