Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Fayette Co. Sunday morning; 8:30-12:30

Weather - Partly Cloudy, clearing at noon
Wind - 5 to 15 by noon
Air Temp - 50's
Water Temp - Upper 60's
Water Clarity - Stained green
Visibility - 3'

First time I've been on the water since August.  It didn't start out too pretty  :mad:

Trailer tire blew out half way between Bastrop and LaGrange.  Didn't have the right lug wrench so had to run to Wal-Mart.  Cost us almost two hours!

Anyway, HRSKTR and I dropped in at Oak Thicket park and headed for some calm water.  Found a cove lined with reeds with bait fish moving around.  We caught 6 slot fish quickly on watermelon green senko, wacky rigged.

We tried fishing the timber with plastics, jigs, swimbait, and spinner bait, but no luck....

Moved to the rip rap and got back on 'em.  Again, the wacky worm tossed to the rocks was the trick!  Swung another 6 in the boat.

We tried a couple more coves with timber and creeks.  Only hooked up with a 5 lb Channel Cat (wacky worm).  

Wish we could have got out there earlier.  Met up with a couple other boats at Oak Thicket and grilled out on the bank.  Crushed a couple of beers and called it a day.  High sky moved in and wind picked up.  Had to limp home with no spare on the trailer....  Caught 12 total LMB to 4lbs, 3 unders; one Wiskers Special!   :D

Take care,

Wurm

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Sounds like you salvaged your day pretty well considering your start. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4A7F6365686C690D0 said:
I hope your tire didn't damage your fender when it blew?

How was the traffic?  Anybody pull a "draft and pass" move on you like they did on us last year? :eek:
No damage to the fender thank goodness.  I was lucky blessed  ;)

Traffic wasn't too bad.  HRSKTR and I targeted the 15th, figuring Valentine's Day weekend would have all you "romantics" tied up.   :eek:  Traffic wasn't bad at all.  No tournaments that I could see.  Parking lot was half full.  

No "pass and cast" experiences yesterday.

Wurm

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ranger R_77 and me are fishing Fayette for our monthly APD bass club tournament either Thursday or Friday. Hope we have as good of luck as you. Congratualtions..those are some great looking fish.
I think last year our best 5 weighed in at almost 19 lbs. Hope we can beat that this week. Talked to some others from our club that are fishing Fayette today and they said it has been cold and windy all day, but have done good. Will post later after the tournament.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.