Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faith Angler Network second tournament of the season will be at The Edgewater Resort on beautiful Lake Bucheseason on Lake Travis Saturday February 19, 2011

Contact for lodging and rates:
Angie McCasland
The Edgewater on Lake Buchanan
P.O. Box 961
224 S. Winding Way
Buchanan Dam, TX 78609
(512) 793-2818

Hosting the pre-tournament meeting will be our good friends at The Highlander Restaurant in Burnet, TX, Friday February 18, 2011
Registration will begin at 6PM .
The Highlander Restaurant is located
Highway 29
Burnet, TX 78611(512) 756-7401
Please RSVP by before Feb 16th or indicate on registration form.
Please park your trucks and trailer on the side road to allow for their regular customers to park in the parking lot.

Also new for this season – We will be excepting registration Saturday morning at the EdgeWate Resort.

Please email us if you have any questions [email protected]

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Looking forward to it...

Should be called the Highlander Restaurant and Tackle in Burnet, Texas....You walk into the restaurant through displays of fishing tackle.........LOL

[highlight]NOAA Forecast Updated on Thursday, at 11:40PM[/highlight]

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind Friday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday Night: A chance of drizzle after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: A chance of drizzle before 9am. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. ( On buchanan, you almost need to double what the NOAA says, lol) :-X

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Good luck to all 58 teams on Buchanan...See you all at weighin.

Robert

Tonight: A chance of drizzle after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: A chance of drizzle before noon. Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 74. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got all 58 teams launched this morning at the Edgewater Resort.
Beautiful morning, with calm waters. The wind should stay aournd 5-10 mph, and the water temp has come up pushing 57 in some parts of the lake. Taking guesses what it will take to win.
I am thinking there will be some good weights today.

Weigh in will start at 3PM come out and watch the show.

Jeff

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Had a great meal at Highlander Inn. Great weather...and good time.

A lot of bass weighed in...Congrats to those that placed in the money. Lance and I found a few bass to 3lbs, but many found bigger fish...

Nice to see those kinds of sacks brought to the scales. The biggest was brought in last..

Congrats to nice stringer from Darrel and KP...Also Yung was fishing solo with a nice bag, too..

RESULTS:
http://faithanglernetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2011_Feb_FAN_Buchanan_Results.pdf

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some interesting stats for the tourney
TOTAL TEAMS: 58 AVE. FISH/TEAM: 3
TOTAL FISH WEIGHED: 230
TOTAL FISH RELEASED: 228 99.1 %
685.56 lbs. AVE. WEIGHT/TEAM: 11.82
AVE. WEIGHT/FISH: 2.98

· Banned
1,633 Posts
All I can say is wow.  Some really solid sacks of fish brought in.  I fished solo and was fortunate to find some holding on a point.  Came up with 5 fish for 15.94lbs and still came up short by 3 places for cashing a check.  Like Ronnie said, "slug fest".  

A good points day for me and Rich.  Glad I was able to represent well or he'd kick me off the team..  LOL...

PS: Thanks to the volunteer staff of FAN for putting on another great tournament!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.