Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Buchanan was on fire February 19, 2011.
I am not sure how to describe it so I will just offer the statistics for you
TOTAL TEAMS: 58 AVE. FISH/TEAM: 3
TOTAL FISH WEIGHED: 230
TOTAL FISH RELEASED: 228 99.1 %
685.56 lbs. AVE. WEIGHT/TEAM: 11.82
AVE. WEIGHT/FISH: 2.98
Even our staff was catching nice bass from the bank

Let’s here from the top three teams from the Lake Buchanan Tournament.
Weighing in last but taking the top honors was the fishing team of Mike Clark of Meadow lakes, TX. And Lance Wenmohs from Round Mountain, TX -
with a big limit weighing 22.49 pounds.
I asked lance to tell us about their day and he stated “Wehad a great day of fishing.  Mike and I fished several shallow pockets and coves located in the mid to upper lake area.
All fish were caught in water less than 6 ft. deep.  We caught 12-14 keepers and 2 dinks all day.  Caught bass on spinner baits, stick worms, and flukes.
Biggest fish hit spinner bait.  We are looking for sponsors.”
This win puts Mike and Lance in first place in the Anglers of the year chase. Great Job guys!

Bringing in the second largest bag of bass was the Texas Boat World fishing team of Ronnie Trower out of Harker Heights, TX - and Jeff Pitrucha from Copperas Cove, TX.
With the big bass of the day weighing 7 Pounds even to add to their five fish limit and a whopping 22.10 pounds would earn the a check as well.

Ronnie summed it up this way
“Team TEXAS BOAT WORLD fished the mid-lake area in a 2011 Triton 20 XS Elite.
Fish were caught on a variety of moving baits and Carolina rigs in 2 to 10
foot of water.  The rig bite was responsible for the better fish including
the big bass.  Anyone interested in riding in a new Triton should talk to us
at the weigh in for a quick run.
I would definitely take him up on his demo offer; you will be very impressed with the dry, smooth ride, and ample fishing room and storage.
Make sure you have Cliff power it with a new Mercury Outboard.

With the Lake Travis win behind them the team of Bruce Davis of Copperas Cove, and Chad Theil from Belton
their consistent finishes have them currently in 4thplace in the AOY standings.
They brought in a limit of large mouth that weighed in at 19.88 with a kicker and 2ndplace big bass at 6.91 pounds.
Bruce told me:
“With us not pre-fishing, we just applied the basics as to the weather / water temp, etc. Stayed on the same 2 points all day trying to work towards the inside about 50 yards.
Didn't get bit moving into the pockets so we concentrated on saturating the 2 points. We would fish for 10-15 minutes on 1, then move to the other, back and forth all day.
The bite did slow at one point and we considered moving, but we actually sat down, took a deep breath and decided NOT to leave fish.
It paid off because I hooked that 6.9 just after that great call to stick it out.  We both caught a few fish on 1/2 football Jigs, Green / Watmln Red,
but did better with a small 1/4 oz Shaky Head and Grande Bass Rattle Snake (Green Pumpkin). Had good time fishing with my buddy Chad!
Great call on taking a breath and sticking to your game plan!!

I want to thank the Highlander Restaurant for hosting the Friday evening meeting, you guys always do a great job and the food was outstanding.
Thanks to the VanBrocklins.
Also want to recognized the Edgewater Resort for the accommodations; we had a great time at your facility

Wow!  If you enjoyed the big bass bonanza we experience on Lake Buchanan last month, you are going to love our next event on Lake LBJ March 19, 2011.
With the spawn on and historically known for some big bass. Lake LBJ will be one not to miss.
The chase for anglers of the year in all three categories is taking shape and the heat is picking up.
Registration Friday March 18thwill start at 6pm at the Hill Country Hall
We will be in the Hill Country Hall  located at 15675 E. State Highway 29, Buchanan Dam Texas, 78609.
Hill Country Hall is a half a mile east of Fuzzy's Corner (Highway 1431)
MAP http://hillcountryhall.com/map.html
Hosting the Pre-Tournament Meeting again this year is Packsaddle Fellowship of Kingsland, TX.
Their Youth group will be helping with the cooking and serving, and we look forward to seeing them again.
We are extremely honored to have Tyson Dever and Mike Hastings as our guest speaker.
I strongly encourage you to try to attend, you will not regret it.
We also want to thank Hill Country Recycling of Marble Falls for their support as well. THANK YOU

Hosting the weigh in will be McNair Park in the City of Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
Here is a map to McNair Park CLICK HERE FOR MAP

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

The race for the Youth/Adult and Male/Female category are also getting exciting.
Do not forget we will send the highest finishing team in each category to the Championship.
FAN 2011 MALE/FEMALE
 TEAM EVENTS FISHED POINTS  
 Earl and Leisha Loggians 2 278  
 Tim McNeal/Cally Ansier 2 265  
 Bill Guzman/Paulina Reyna 2 257  
 Roger and Jerral Boling 2 249  
 Jimmy and Sherry Howell 2 229  
 Jeremy Reynolds/Kimberly Woofard 2 225  
 Bob and Jane Bingle 2 224  

FAN 2011 YOUTH/ADULT
 TEAM EVENTS FISHED POINTS  
 Dale and Jake Read 2 292  
 Lance and Blake Dillard 2 247  
 Glyn and Josheph 2 238  

CHAMPIONSHIP UPDATE
The 2 day FAN Championship will be October 28th and 29th 2011
on the awesome fishery on OH Ivey Reservoir.
Rules and details will be announced soon.

WWW.FAITHANGLERNETWORK.COM

We would like to thank our sponsors whom make our efforts possible and ask that you visit their websites, and support them as your needs arise.
Texas Boat World, Triton Boats, Mercury Marine, Motor Guide, Kistler Rods, Sebile Lures, Fish Finders Marine, Academy Outdoors, Gary Yamamoto Baits, Kinami Baits, Georgetown Shirt Company, American Rodsmith, Animal Custom Sublimated Jerseys, O’Reilly’s Auto Parts, Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q, Hill Country Bible Church NW, Smith &Weston Rods, Foundation Auto Repair, , Sure Strike Boat Detailing, Alpha Graphics.
Sincerely
FAN Staff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.