374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dates are locked, lakes may change. Just wanted to get the info out

Jan 22 - Lake Travis
Feb 19- Lake Buchanan
March 19 - Lake LBJ
April 9 - Lake Belton
May 14 - Stillhouse

2011 should be a great year, again the only trail in Central Texas giving away new rigged bass boat $32,000 value.
The boat can easily be converted into cash - Texas Boat World will be on hand to take it off your hands-

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FAN 2011 Team Tournament Schedule SCHEDULE CHANGE

PLEASE NOTE  THE REVISED SCHEDULE FOR THE 2011 SEASON.
Jan 22 - Lake Travis

Feb 19- Lake Buchanan

March 19 - Lake LBJ

April 9 - Lake Belton -  CHANGED April 16th Stillhouse

May 14 - Stillhouse -  CHANGED May 21st Belton

I appologize for any inconvenience with the schedule.
Due to a personal family conflict changes had to be made.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: FAN 2011 Team Tournament Schedule UPDATE

Well possibly divine intervention-
Due to another tournament scheduled and permitted on Stillhouse Hollow April 16th, we will NOT be holding our April tournament on Stillhouse.
We will be moving that event to Lake Travis –
Sorry for the inconvenience – all complaints should be directed to Gary “Skeet “Freeman; FAN Director of Tournament Operations!   ;D

On that note, Hill Counrty Bible Church is always happy to host our events: However, FAN would be happy to see if another Church in the NW Austin Area would be interested in hosting this event. We are always happy to meet in new locations - let me know

·
Registered
724 Posts
What does next years championship look like? Please tell me that Stillhouse / Belton is not scheduled. It would be much better to have it at a nuetral lake, with the same lake both days or scored by points. Also, what will the prize be? Another BassCat?

More info please. I'm afraid that the other trails are looking good to some that may be waiting on word from FAN.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am pretty sure the 2011 Championship will be somewhere else. How about Buch/LBJ? Supporting the sponsors is critical to the continued growth of Fan. Texas Boat World and Bass Cat went way beyond what anyone should expect to happen for a 30 team championship. Sponsor will be looking at the return on investment before committing to 2011. Has anyone in FAN bought a new Bass Cat or a boat from Texas Boat World? Where do you get your maintenance and repairs done? Did you take a solider fishing in the Fishing For Freedom event? No one is going to support an organization that does not support them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
6C4F454B5C2E0 said:
What does next years championship look like? Please tell me that Stillhouse / Belton is not scheduled. It would be much better to have it at a nuetral lake, with the same lake both days or scored by points. Also, what will the prize be? Another BassCat?

More info please. I'm afraid that the other trails are looking good to some that may be waiting on word from FAN.
Chris- We are working on many new things for 2011- To answer your question - The Championship will not be on Belton/Stillhouse next year. we are going to hold both days of the championship at the same lake however. We have also surveyed many anglers and feel that most fishermen would prefer to fish for cash than a boat- my expectation is everyone will like what FAN will announce as far as the Championship Awards. FAN will never please everyone, we know that. FAN will always be a trail where you are always welcomed and appreciated, a great place for you and your family. Competitive and professionaly ran. We are very excited about 2011, I have been recieving a lot of emails and calls about getting signed up. The key is to have great sponsors and participation by anglers. The good news is as we grow our payouts and championship awards grow as well. with that said I hope everyone will consider fishing with us next year.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

03040B450 said:
On that note, Hill Counrty Bible Church is always happy to host our events: However, FAN would be happy to see if another Church in the NW Austin Area would be interested in hosting this event. We are always happy to meet in new locations - let me know
What all is involved with a church hosting an event?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

0F282E353F2830251E352632292F2F5C0 said:
[quote author=03040B450 link=1283365360/0#8 date=1288710360]
What all is involved with a church hosting an event?[/quote]

They would need to ba able to host about 125-150 people. If they have the means to provide the meal this is a big plus. Call me if you have any additional questions. Thanks 512-413-4178

·
Registered
724 Posts
Jeff,

Let me first start off by saying thanks! I for one will be fishing with FAN in 2011. What the organization stands for and it's goal of spreading the good news about Jesus Christ, my personal Lord and Savior, is more important than the lakes chosen and other details.The 2010 FAN season was awesome and ran with the utmost professionalism as always.
Don't misunderstand what I said about the championship, it was anyones tournament to win. That being said having it on the same lake both days for cash will be a plus.
Keep us updated about the upcoming season and we will do our part and spread the word.
P.S. Ronnie, I would love to trade my boat in for a new one. And I will be shopping at Texas Boat World when the time comes. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Chris -
A few announcements:

The Championship will be a two day event that will be held on a lake we have not fished during the scheduled season- and no - it will not be Stillhouse-

Pre-Tournament Meetings are NOT mandatory- never were- yes we award points to those that do attend- that will not change.

For the 2011 season we WILL Except entrees the morning of the tournament- there will be a late fee. However we have heard repeatedly this would be a benefit to the anglers that cannot attend all the Friday evening meetings.

We have also heard from the anglers that cash is king for a Championship prize- We will announce the championship payout soon- It will be based on a minimum participation and will increase depending on the actual turn out. For example 35 teams participate during the season the payout would be $10,000. If 45 teams participate it will be higher. FAN is committed to offering a competitive, professionally run tournaments - competitive, family friendly, positive and fun, and we want to being around for a long time.  Please be patient as we put all these details together over the next few weeks.
Stay tuned FAN has some new sponsors and new ideas to make fishing FAN more fun and making anglers win more money.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jeff, Great call to accept entries the morning of the tournament. I also like the idea of a neutral lake for the championship. Your right about the cash - it is king! Good luck next year. I'm sure you'll see some growth.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATES FOR FAN 2011
We have made a few changes to the 2011 season- We are also launching a new website soon.
WHATS NEW FOR 2011
1. $10, 000 grand prize for the 2011 championship winners
2. FAN announces  “THE COLLEGIATE FISHING TEAM CATAGORY"
a. The highest finishing collegiate fishing team by way of points will receive a free berth to the 2011 Championship

3. ENTRY FEES
a. Entry fees shall be $150.00 per boat per tournament, which includes Big Fish. Entry fees for tournaments should be mailed to the Tournament Director and must be postmarked no later than the Friday 8 days prior the Tournament. You may also register at FishFinders Marine in Round Rock TX no later than 6PM the Wednesday prior to the tournament
b. Online registration and full payment will not incur a late fee until the Thursday evening before the Saturday of the tournament
c. All entries paid on Friday night are on a cash only basis and will incur a $10 late fee.
d. Registrations Saturday mornings will be at the designated launching area, there will be a $25 late fee. We will except cash only
e. There will be a $30.00 fee charged on all checks returned for insufficient funds.
f. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes on any moneys or prizes won.
4. Academy Sports & Outdoor Championship Points System
a. The team having the highest cumulative points total at the end of the scheduled season will be declared the FAN-CTTT Anglers of the Year. All ties in the cumulative year end standings will be broken by season cumulative net weight. The winning team at each tournament will receive 150 points, 2nd place149 points, 3rd place 148 points and so on. In the event of a tie in a tournament both teams will receive the points for the place they are tied and the subsequent place will remain vacant. (Example: A tie for 3rd place would result in both 3rd place teams receiving 148 points. The next team behind them would be the 5th place team and would receive 146 points.) Teams not weighing any fish will receive 10 less point than the last place team(s) with fish
b. Non Mandatory Pre Tournament Registration Meeting
c. All teams who attend the Friday night Pre-Tournament meeting (whether entered in the tournament or not) will receive an additional 10 points, which will be applied to the teams cumulative point total for the year.
Changed from 25 points to 10 points

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has the launch area been posted for each lake yet?
Not much problem with the lakes listed except Travis.
Is Jonestown going to be the launch area for Travis again this year.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts