Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robert,
We had a couple over 7 on Sat, but not many numbers. I think about 15-20 fish all day On Sunday we caught a lot of fish. We also had some bigger fish. For some reason on Sunday my little berkley hand held wasn't working. I think the batteries may be shot. I'm terrible at guessing weights on big fish. I'm fairly sure the biggest 2 were 8 or better. They looked quite a bit larger than the two 7's we caught on Sat when the scale was working.

Lunker,
That was my wife's PB. It sucks that the scale wasn't working so we could tell how much it weighed. It was funny, she just kept her head down and kept reeling even when the fish was peeling drag. It came up and tried to jump out of the water and she didn't even see it, b/c her head was down staring at the reel. She tried to hand the rod off, but I told her she needs to land her own fish. It was a blast watching her catch that fish. It was even funnier watching her try to hold it up for pics.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel like I need to fish Falcon as much as I can now. I know a lot of folks are concerned about it getting exploited like Amistad and Fork did. I hope it is off the beaten path just enough to keep most people away. But just in case it isn't, I want to fish that lake as much as I can now. I was surprised by the amount of boats that were on it this weekend. When I was going down there a year of two ago, I could fish all day and only see a few boats. On Sunday we were counting 5-6 boats near every spot we were fishing, and there wasn't a big tourney going on. It was like that from Beacon's down to the Tigers. It was still less busy than most of our Cen Tex lakes however.

· Registered
541 Posts
Man, that would be a bummer if it got exploited but it will always be there and has overcome a life time of gill nets! It's gone through its ups and downs as any other lake, but seems to be on right now for sure! I can't wait to get down there soon. I spent every spring break and a couple weeks every summer down there growing up and it was crazy if there were a half dozen boats in the parking lot. Oh well, I just hope everyone else enjoys it as much as we do!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.