Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Jan. 12, 2008 - Zapata, TX)... Pro Jeremy Guidry of Opelousas, La., caught a five-bass limit weighing 27 pounds, 13 ounces Saturday to win the Stren Series Texas Division tournament on Falcon Lake with a four-day FLW Outdoors record of 20 bass weighing 110-02. Guidry’s catch shattered the previous record of 105 pounds, 8 ounces set by David Mauldin of Tomball, Texas, during the 2006 Stren Series tournament on Lake Amistad. In fact, the top three finishers on Falcon all surpassed the previous record.

More information:
http://www.fishingworld.com/News/Read.php?ArtID=000021531

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: Stren 2-day catch of 10 bass at 56lbs!

The "world" is about to discover Falcon with this tournament and the Elites going there in April. I hope its remoteness will keep it from being hammered like Amistad.

BTW, the first day's weigh-in had a 12.01 lbs. big bass.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: Stren 2-day catch of 10 bass at 56lbs!

Stop talking about it! Lake Falcon is horrible- It's a fluke deal that they are even catching fish and I heard lots of people get thier boat taken and get thrown into a mexican jail! Very dangerous, I wouldn't go... :-/ :-/ :-/ ;D haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Guidry Wins Stren Series On Lake Falcon, Sets

Allot of the top big fish came out of the same cove. This is my first time back in 3 years. I can remember when the lake was full of grass. Seen allot of beds. But due to the lake going down 3' in 2 weeks allot of the fish move out.
They had allot of the Elite guys down there.

·
Registered
282 Posts

I was thinking of taking a trip to falcon and staying in the falcon state park. but after reading what cody just wrote i'm kinda second guessing this trip. I kinda heard something simular like that happening at amistad.

so is that true cody or you just trying to not get people to fish it?

·
Registered
61 Posts

I have been going down to Lake Falcon every year, I personally do not go to the Mexico side, but fishing has been great everytime I go and I have never had any problems, on the US side that is. One reason besides the great fishing I go, is to get this Chicken Fried Steak smothered in gravy and melted cheese at this one place to eat, I can't wait until March when I head down there. Great food and fishing.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Something I didn't mention. We stayed in the cabin's at Beacon Lodge. Well when we got back friday night . 4 T-Bones and 2 packages of dried deer sausage were missing out of or freezer. The cabin was locked when we left and it was locked when got back. The cleaning lady was the only one in there that we know of? Went to the office. That was a joke. I suggest you keep your stuff locked up.Seem like the thiefs find there way around the fisherman.

·
Registered
686 Posts

Cajun Drew,

I have been to Falcon alot. One of my favorite places to stay is the State Park. I have had zero issues and feel perfectly safe there. Cabins w/ A/C & heater are very reasonable and real close to the ramp. My man, Cody is just trying to steer everyone away from the best lake in Texas. If you plan on fishing the Mexican side just be sure to get the lic and boat permit. I've never had a problem over there either. Just steer clear of the nets and have a pair of cutters and a knife just in case you get into one. If you do get into one, just vacate the area to avoid any issues as they depend on the nets to make a living and they " MAY " cause a scene.

·
Registered
126 Posts

headed to the big falcon this weekend...going to "check on the house" we own down there but like I told my wife....the boat just wont come off my truck....I have never had any problems at falcon minus the heat in the summer....its a great place to fish and now that the water is back, its incredible.....at one point it was 50+ feet low but you could still pull slobs out of there...

some ABF guys should head down this weekend!

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Read this article on the winning stringer and the tackle he used!

http://www.bassfanarmy.com/bfa_news_article.asp?ID=367

Winning Gear Notes

> Flipping gear: 6 1/2' medium-action Falcon rod, Shimano Curado casting reel (6:1), 65-pound PowerPro braid, 3/8-ounce lead weight, 5/0 Owner Wide Gap Plus hook, V&M Super High Tail worm (watermelon-red and green-pumpkin, Texas-rigged).

> ChatterBait gear: 6'10" medium-heavy Kistler rod, Shimano Curado (7:1), 20-pound P-Line mono, Rad Lures ChatterBait (white), 4 1/2" Lake Fork Live Magic shad swimbait trailer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea great place to eat...one of the daughters opened up her own spot right up the street....they do about the same menu but its a showdown between the cooks...great places to throw down after putting some fish in the boat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.