Equip :
7' 11' Extra Heavy Shimano Crucial Swimbait rod
25' Yo Zuri Co polymer
Bait :
BrushHog Watermelon Candy
3/8 tungsten Trig

Where :
In the trees !!

I am still a little a speechless about Falcon right now. Maybe need a little sleep and I can comment.

Best of times for sure with the Bro's !!  ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmr3dCb9e4

EA

PS. HHJ should put a better quality vid up on the site soon.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Great company to hang with since last Wednesday night. All I can say is WOW, what a bass fishery! This was my first time and within the first hour, EA put me on a near 5.5lb bass on a Texas Rigged, Watermelon-Red Gene Larew Hoodaddy, 6.5"...Using AIRFOBS Loomis Extra heavy action rod and Steez reel...I was just spoiled! ;D

Had some "Freight-train" running bass, I broke off or lost in the trees. Landed mostly 2-3lb bass with a occasional bigger fish..Fished sticks in 5-7 feet of water. For the bigger fish, you needed to put the plastics in the middle of the tree and wrench them out, without breaking off! Caught on Zoom Full size brush-hogs in watermelon candy, using a 1/2oz tungsten weight and braid/Fluro line. Those fish fought VERY hard, just to be 3lbs. You would of thought they were on steroids! ;D

Totally enjoyed hanging with the TOZ and ABF guys. Met Jerry with GrandeBass and Skeeter Fowler, one his sponsors, too...

Look forward to going back. Hopefully with get a TOAD!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im sitting in the Holiday Inn Express here in Zapata waiting for morning to come. I hope we have as good a day as you did. Its raining a little with 30% chance tomorrow, cloudy.
Always fun staying at Falcon Heights!

Great video!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time. That video is great, looks like fun.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Man those fish look like they put up one hell of a fight! It must have been blast. Kudos to whoever put the vid together. Nice work...have not heard that song in a long time :)

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just talked to the Robby C. He and Booker T, and Paris ( BTSMBASS ) stayed for one extra day. They got blasted off the water by big storms, but lived to tell.

Race - There really was no race, but we ran 70 + down the lake about 25 yards apart, it was so killer. ( do not recommend doing that ) ;D.

I have a new Fury prop from Paris, and I would have taken em !

Falcon is the best lake I ever fished for the first time, fo sho !

Glad everyone enjoyed the vid. Check it out tomorrow afternoon in the vid section of the site. Youtube is terrible....

EA

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Great time for sure hanging with the crew, that was the best part of the trip!

As far as the fishing goes, I think the lake is fishing a lot tougher than normal. It was marginal at best in regards to size but awesome for #s. You could fish the trees and catch 2-3 lbers all day with the occasional 4-5 lber, but man those fish down there fight like no other. I bet 60-70% of the double digit "one that got away" fish stories are actually 3-5 lb fish.

Most of the better fish were caught fishing off shore structure, just wish we had more time to soak a jig in deeper water. It really is hard to sit there all day and fish for one or two bites when you can go tree fishing in 2-6' of water and wack smaller fish that fight like 5-6 lbers all day.

Can't wait to go back when it gets cooler and go toad hunting!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am so sick after watching that video! :'( After traveling the past couple weeks, having to call that off... then I get a call to do a "cast and blast" in mexico for dove and Amistad for bass- had to call that off as well because we agreed to be at the Academy Grand Opening...
Wow! I can't wait to hear the tales over the next few days- Congrats gentlemen on an awesome adventure! Killer video!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.