Bass Fishing Forum banner

Falcon 8/8 - 8/10 (w/pics)

2K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  Fish-Ninja 
#1 ·
Falcon is an awesome fishery! It was my first time down there and luckily I went with someone who knows the lake pretty well. Wayne and I got  there on Fri. around 4pm and couldn't wait to launch.

Day 1 (Friday)

We did nothing but flip'n. Caught about 20 fish from 4:30 till sunset

Day 2 (Saturday)

We started out throwing reaction baits and some top water. We went strait across from the launch ramp and dropped the TM. We wacked on fish ALL day! caught about 50 fish and the smallest was 3lbs.

Once the sun came up we went back to flip'n the stick-ups. Fishing was so good Wayne forgot to put sun screen on and is HURTING today. Around 5pm we decided to go fish this ledge we found earlier in the day. We pulled up to the ledge, dropped a marker on it and positioned the boat. We were working our baits up hill and it was on! First five cast = Five fish. We had 22lbs in the boat in about 8 minutes. When you find some off shore structure and there on it, there is nothing better. We were throwing Black Angel jigs and 12" worms.

Lay'n the WOOD!

Day 3 (Sunday)

Woke up a little late (The Bud Lights were going down good the night before). Got on the water around 7:30, went right over to a section of wood that was close to a ledge and caught 5 fish. We were off the water by 9:30am.

I don't know how i'm suppose to fish LT now. I got home around 4pm and already want to go back! If anyone has the chance to go fish Falcon, do it!

We should have taken more pics, but when the fishing's good, who wants to stop to take pics??

One other thing, the bite only gets better as the day goes on and make sure you bring band-aids.(after day 1)

See less See more
#19 ·
airfob said:
Great trip Miles!

Y'all get into any toads?
Are biggest we landed was 7 1/2 lbs.
Those fish are tough to get out of the trees. We lost a few that I'm sure were bigger.
That lake is loaded with 4-5 lbs. A 4 lb. fish felt alot bigger, I couldn't believe how strong they are. Those fish are on roids.

You guys are going to have a blast. One other thing - watch out for the gill nets, they're not marked.

#20 ·
If you find gil nest on the TX side call the Warden, if you find them on the Mexico side, better leave them alone. If you get tangled up in one. Stow away all tackle, put your life jacket on, cut net and haul a$$ out of there.

#21 ·
SkeeterDon said:
If you find gil nest on the TX side call the Warden, if you find them on the Mexico side, better leave them alone.  If you get tangled up in one.  Stow away all tackle, put your life jacket on, cut net and haul a$$ out of there.
That is exactly what Wayne told me today on the phone.

Do not worry knife is sharp, boat is fast, we are out of there !

Mexican license arrived today ! 8)

EA

#22 ·
Great Report guys!

Looking forward to the day I have my chance to feel the THUMP!

Looks very warm down there, TOO! Just like home!

NOAA Forecast:
Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 102. Heat index values as high as 110. Calm wind becoming southeast between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 78. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Thursday: A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 102. Heat index values as high as 110. Southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 103. Southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 77. Southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 103. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. South southeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 102.

#24 ·
Holy Cow! What a report. I got to get some of that action sometime soon.

Did you guys try to find/fish any of those submerged houses/huts that Martens and Byron were fighting over? I heard they were actually on some local maps down there.

Congrats again on an amazing trip!

#25 ·
We never even ran up that way. The fishing was good all over the lake. We put $100 in the boat on Friday and didn't even burn half a tank over the entire weekend. We were keying in on wood on points or next to ledges (solid pattern).

EA- It's suppose to be a secret; don't let everyone know that Wayne and I were fishing CA. last weekend.  :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.