Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got invited at the last minute to Falcon last week. Had family stuff in Laredo and work related stuff down there too so all the stars were aligned except for the weather.

Conditions were overcast/partly cloudy with a Southeast wind gusting to 30 most of the trip. When the wind wasn't blowing it was because we were getting dumped on with torrential downpours.

Stayed at Tiger Island and fished mostly Little and Big Tigres areas. Fish were scattered in depths from 1ft to 10ft of water. Most caught were in the 2lb ranged with some 3,4,5 and the big fish of the trip coming in at 6.8 caught by my bro in law. Most productive bait for me was Zoom Watermelon Magic 8 inch flukes, but also caught on Senkos, black and chartruese grubs, brushhogs and spinner baits. Fishing should be good soon when they start bunching up. Water dropping fast due to downstream irrigation.

No banditos spotted, but we had some caps for them just in case. :cool: ;D

All in all great trip with lots of good food and tons of beer.

Bro in laws 6.8 (sure thought it was bigger)

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like fun. Looks like the weather cooperated enough to get the job done. Thanks for the report.

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Cool report and pics! Couple of those look like the pics you take just before hightailing it off the lake. Pretty ominous looking horizon...

Those were some nice fat healthy looking bass!

· Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They use some big plastics down there.  Nothing smaller than 8 inches.  I need to stock up before I go back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.