Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas Classic Bass Club went down to Falcon this weekend. We only had five teams make it but everyone had a good time. No double digit monsters caught but a 6 and at least five 5lbrs caught for a day and a half. 40lbs won and all but one team had over 33lbs. It was my first time to Falcon and my partner (Jesus) had told me stories of how hard and mean the bass where at Falcon. I laughed and said a bass is a bass no matter where you go. ::)Will take it from me and my bruised chest after catching just about 25 from my heaviest being 5.44 to the lightest being 2.5, I have never had my rod bent as hard as it was this weekend. I've fished from Tenn. to Calif. and those 3lbers fought like saltwater fish. We even had a bass snort at us three times in the net when unhooking it and they bite on your fingers while you lipped them. I had a great time and on the way out of town saw all the Elite pro's arriving. It will be neat to see the pro's techniques and results on a lake I just fished. I will just see how much I don't know. ;) Congrats to Don and Keith!

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Thanks for the report..

We even had a bass snort at us three times in the net when unhooking it and they bite on your fingers while you lipped them.
You sure you were freshwater fishing? That sounds like you were saltwater fishing to me. That is what a croaker or "Grunt" sound and looks like. Especially with teeth! ;D ;D

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I'm sure it was a LB and freshwater ;D oh yea since I posted this in BBF reports. We caught 95% of our fish on watermelon/red flake brushogs in 4 to 10 ft of water in the brush. Flippen and pitchen and since I'm Mr. Shakeyhead in my club and was told to leave my sissy stiks at home I strung one up with 30lb P-line braid and put a 6in Berkley finnesse purple with red flake worm on and caught a 3lber for fun. Fish pulled so hard I could feel my reel twisting in my hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.