Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from Swimbait's Dad (Larry) on Friday afternoon.  We planned on fishing Travis on Saturday, but he asked if I wanted to go to Falcon for the weekend.  So Friday evening we headed down to Zapata.
Saturday was a tough day for us.  We only ended up catching 8 bass to 4 lbs.  Near the end of the day we decided to run towards the dam and ended up at spot where we did end up getting 6 of our 8 in the last couple hours of the day.
Sunday we decided to start where we finished up on Saturday.  We got started around 730.  At 900 we only had 2 fish.  We then pulled up on a little secondary point and started to catch some fish.  We ended up with 23 fish to 6lbs.  We quit around 200.  
We caught all of our fish on t-rigs in 12-17 ft of water.  I caught most of my fish right against the tree line, and Larry caught his a little farther out in the deeper trees.  Most of the fish we caught were males, and man they squirting like crazy.  It shouldn't be much longer until the females start moving up.  Hopefully, I'll get some time to get down there then.  
Even though the fishing wasn't great by Falcon standards we still had a great time.  The weather was warm and Larry was great company.
We did have the worst Mexican dinner ever at El Parasio.  I don't know how you can get bad Mexican food so darn close to Mexico but we did.  The food was cold and the tortillas were like card board.  As Larry put it several times, and the joke did get old after hearing it ten times, "The meat was so tough, the dog they got it from is still running."

· Registered
50 Posts
parisio's must be going downhill fast..i ate there a couple weeks ago and it was bad and the service was worse....The Steak House (chicken cordon blue was da bomb) is much better and great service...apparently the fishing is still hit or miss down there..this may be a tuff year (by falcon standards) but the spawn should be great and the next few years should be off the charts for numbers and size!!

· Registered
712 Posts
Thinking abut making another trip down there, as cheap as gas is. How bad has the raise messed up the fishing. I know it should be amazing in about 3 yrs. That lake is about to see a heck of a spawn. Is the fishing tough?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.