Bass Fishing Forum banner

Evil Guides at Buchanan

8K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Voodew 
#1 ·
An introduction
I have been fishing Buchanan regularly for the last few years, (blue Wellcraft 210 CC with t-top)
I have met a few of y'all when I give up the rest of my bait when I am done fishing.

Now the introduction is out of the way lets get on with my evil guide issues:
Every year for the last 7 or so years I pay a guide to take myself and a few of my best clients out. It has always been the same guide - I don't want to give any guide names as it might give Jim a bad reputation :)
This year (it has been a few months I have been stewing over this) one of my clients backed out at the last minute - I had no one that could fill the spot on short notice so I decided to let my girlfriend join us. (normally I don't let her out of her cage - the kitchen - but I felt like doing something nice)
We met up at 7 am ready to go
Loaded up the boat and head out to fish. I believe we heard a story about how our guide taught Jesus to fish - which is possible cause our guide is old as ****!
We caught a few fish and the action slowed, which allowed time for conversation - this is where it all went to hell!
Old grouchy guide asks "How long have you and your lady been together?"
I respond "about 3.5 years"
to which he asks "When are you going to marry her?"
I respond with a eat **** and die look along with a well placed kick to the shin
We caught our limit and headed back to the dock in the blue Proline boat - I paid the guide and told him he needed to check him 'man guide' as it will tell him what he should and shouldn't say in front of a woman. I also told him he wouldn't be getting a tip if he pulled some **** like that again :)

It is episodes like this that make the guides on Buchanan evil!!! BEWARE

Disclaimer:
I write this for entertainment only and have nothing against any of the guides (though my story is 100% true) - I just read some earlier posts about the evil guides at Edgewater and thought I would chime in with my evil guide story from Paradise Point

Have a good week

Fishing report from this weekend :
Sunday
30 FOW near the dam - 1 striper and 14 hybrids by 10:30 am - caught using live shad

See less See more
#4 ·
Beware when purchasing the Engagement package for a hotair balloon ride.

Our pilot pulled me to the side while my now wife was busy and said
Pilot - How you want to do this?
Me - Do what?
Pilot - Propose?
Me - Oh hellllll no. We bought this package because we didnt want to be in the basket with 10 people.

I asked her on the beach in Cannon Beach, Oregon on that same trip. She was dumb enough to say yes. I even pulled it off without a ring. (long story) The ring took longer to build than expected, so she was asked again at the Cliff House restaurant in Bellingham, Wa. Dumb enough to say yes twice. She is a keeper...

Happy Happy Happy

Its not just guides. Be happy your guide didn't ask her out

#5 · (Edited)
So far there are no plans for a funeral
Thankfully she is a good woman and good with just living as a sinner for the time being

"Hopefully she will never change...........but she is a woman"

Maybe I should marry her, she has learned to throw a cast net and catch shad
Other than getting up to go fishing when the drunks are just leaving the bars ..... She doesn't ***** much at all

#6 ·
Snowy river go screw yourself!!! You really are a hard up piece of ****. What a pathetic life you live. I talked to Jim and everything you have said is a lie. Why do you try to ruin a good persons reputation? You talk a big smack but have such a small backbone. You sir are a coward. I have called you out many times but you haven't answered ? So what does it take to bring a coward out of the dark? You chicken **** goat fucker?

#8 · (Edited)
Really --- the internet and retards
Once again it was all in good humor -- but you fisherman are too cool for school
Brandon - you did give me some info on catching shad it worked - thanks
I am not sure how you feel I am attacking Jim Crawford -- everything that I said happened and I have 3 others that were on the boat to attest to that
I have 3 sisters and and a few brothers from another mother but no blood --- so I guess Mr Pop you know something I don't
My name is Jason Weisberg
My business Integrity Mechanical LLC
TACLA22151C
I launch from Shaw Island and live in Round Rock

Brandon
I will get you the exact date this year it was in May - just to prove I was there
With Jim Crawford who by the way I will continue to book my trips with because he has a fucking sense of humor - it was for fucking humor but you internet Nazis can't get it

Not sure who your hunting but its not me -
But I figured I would tire of the internet bullshit very quickly - I did pick up a few tips and even gave a few on fishing G'town

So if you were one of the boats I gave my left over shad too (wearing a flo green shirt) and asked if I was on this site and I said no------this bullshit is why (you had the I-pilot I have the Xi5)

Y'all enjoy your little world

Date of last trip was 5/12/14 paid $450

#11 · (Edited)
Gentlemen, Not sure if this guy is who you think he is. It was me and Robert that had talked to him on the Lake about 2 weeks ago. He gave us his bait and share some fishing holes on where he was catching. We had a pretty long conversation on the trolling motors and I have been thinking pretty hard on going to the dark side (Xi5) but going to wait a little bit. So lets all have a beer and relax a little and get out there an enjoy some top water action.

#13 ·
I get the joke. I think many people might not read to.the end to get the punch line. If it had read badly about my friends I would have fired off a reply without reading the subject. I have been guilty of getting twisted off over something silly and insignificant. Anyway, it is what it is and we can only hope they will read the rest.

Reactions: BadAssBassman
#18 ·
i spoke with voodew a few weeks ago, he is not snowy river, i know snowy river, and that problem was taken care of, he has not been on the forum or the lake since i had my talk with him , there are no evil guides and we prolly all have our moments of rudeness, the internet is a good place for cowards to hide , thats true, prison taught me i didnt have to hide. fellas just try to do the next right thing and if ya do it long and hard enough , ya might be the next big thing, WOO HOP !!! dont leave before the miracle !!! and keep it simple and LETS GO FISHING !!!

#20 ·
It really wasn't that hard
I just make her sit there and watch me catch fish and tell her "you want some of this fun - you got catch your own bait!"

Actually - she had never been fishing before we met, but she found out she really likes it. She is one of those 'if you can do it so can I' types
She knows 2 different ways to throw a net and does better than most of my friends I fish with.
I had to practice quite a bit to get 'ok' with a net - she was a natural - but I am sure that was just my excellent teaching ability

Or it could be I am just lucky

#21 ·
That's the thing with women. They don't let ego get in the way when learning I think. Mine is one of the best pistol shots I know because I paid a pro shooter to teach her and she listened to him. She just learned how to fish and this will be her first year with a fishing license!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.