Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a great time searching on the web for a reasonably priced fuel line replacement since my top flight mechanic told me that I would need to replace my fuel lines. My motor had been sputtering and having issues at low idle. I should have asked him where and how I could get it. Little did I know that there was much info out there on E85 and A1-15 rated fuel lines....Now full circle and two weeks later, I found out that Orieilly's has a product, Gates Barricade Fuel Line Hose with GreenShield Technology that will do the job. Going to go pick up some of that stuff today. Gee's what a bunch searching that took. You can't just go in and ask for E85 or A1-15 rated hose and expect everyone to know what you are referencing. I think that answer was just around the corner, just didn't say the right words to describe it. So, you should be able to source it locally and save yourself a lot of money... the local boat stores will have it at $5+ per foot or more and may try to sell you racing breed hoses with fancy fittings. Well, hopefully, I have helped some of my fellow fishermen some trouble with this post. I'll be ready to go catch stripers next week!R

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Jim is right. Auto hoses are not the same.

I bought some from Tracker last year, went in and told them I needed e-rated fuel line and walked out

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Boats should use USCG approved hose. Automotive hose is not the same. Marine fuel hose costs more and you get a better hose.
I believe marine hose is also fire rated higher than automotive hose..ie more fire resistant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts