Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother and I fished Dunlap this morning. Began at 6am and was finally run off the water by the wake boats at noon. Water temp was high 60's throughout the lake. Cloud cover made it cooler than we expected. Ended up catching 25+. Most were 1-2lbs. Lost a couple of good ones. All caught on TR and wacky trophy hunter rattlesnake.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report. I have never fished Dunlap but really want to. Do you know if the traffic is light during the week? I hate to travel all that way and only have a few hours to fish.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we fished it during the week earlier this year and it was not bad, but then again it was not summer time with all the kids on the lake. Maybe someone who fishes it more often can help answer this question. From what I can tell it is not a heavily fished lake. We have caught fish everytime we have been there. It is a matter of other boat traffic. Because it is a river lake there is no place to get off of the main lake channel and fish. Another lake to look at down there is Placid in Seguin.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
183E2124242D170A212424480 said:
we fished it during the week earlier this year and it was not bad, but then again it was not summer time with all the kids on the lake.  Maybe someone who fishes it more often can help answer this question.   From what I can tell it is not a heavily fished lake.  We have caught fish everytime we have been there.  It is a matter of other boat traffic.  Because it is a river lake there is no place to get off of the main lake channel and fish.  Another lake to look at down there is Placid in Seguin.  
I understand what your saying. I fish Lake Austin as my home lake and it can be bad here on out due to the kids out of shool. I will at the least put it on my list of lakes to hit once school is back in session.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really a pattern to report. We caught fish the whole length of the lake. Fished in mostly 2' to 8' of water in pads, timber and around docks, but did catch some as deep as 15'.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dunlap is much better (less boat traffic) during the week. If you can get out there on a weekday morning, there will be next to no boats and fishing is much better.

I fish out there 2-3 times a month on weekday afternoons, and there will always be a handful of wakeboard/skiers boats.

Fish seem to be holding out deep for the most part. The flipping bite and frofg bite seems to have died off, for me at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.