Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First year duck hunting....Lease has 5 ponds that hold ducks almost every day, pretty nice distraction while deer hunting. Done fairly successful in the three weekends I've hunted. Got my first drake/hen mallard this weekend. Dropped them off at the taxidermist today. Also have a drake widgeon there as well. Getting into a bunch of gadwalls. Hopefully the mallard will stick around. I will say it is challenging taking longer shots shooting steel out of a 20 gauge but I'm making it happen. Here are a couple pics, hope to have more soon.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I'm in Hamilton county. My place has always had widgeons every year. The first two years after my tank filled, the duck hunting was unbelievable. I don't know what the deal was for those 2 years but seriously hundreds of ducks would roost there. Now its groups of 10 or 20-mostly widgeon, pintail, wood duck, scaup, and shoveler

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a friend who is pretty new to Texas in the last year and is an avid duck hunter. He has been unable to find anyone to duck hunt with or figure out local duck hunting locations. Any suggestions I can pass on to him would be great. I told him lake granger wma might be a good place to start but I really have no clue. Thanks for any advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.