Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fishing drop shot a lot more lately, slowly getting better at it. I've been annoyed at having the weight dangle around when I'm moving about or transporting my gear to and from. I sat down and designed a clip on attachment for my rod that allows me to clip on/off the drop shot weights. Loving using it so far.
Body jewelry Wood Jewellery Circle Metal
Finger Gas Nail Thumb Fashion accessory

·
Registered
39 Posts
cool, but you can just place the weight into the line carrier of the bail of your spinning reel (assuming youre using a spinning reel for DS). Get some tension on it and it'll stay put, simple to undo the weight from there and make a cast.

·
Super Moderator
2,212 Posts
I’ve tried various ways to pin down the weight between fishing trips. I use the clip-on line clasp of the weight instead of tying the weight on. I unclip the weight and put it in my pocket, and put the hook on the keeper. Then my wife takes the weight out of the dryer and puts it on my workbench in the garage for the next trip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha. So far this beauty is working well. Clip it on when I am drop shotting, otherwise it sits in my tacklebox. Not using at the moment, trying to learn to fish with the ned and swimbaits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts