Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much finished up the carpet today. Trim is back on, lids are all done and installed. Only need to do a few tweeks to some lids as they did not seem to go back on quite like they came off. I am not sure why that is but it looked like the hinges are reversible and all the same????

While I was in there I also replace all the shocks for the lids, replaced a bunch of switch covers, replaced front bezel, and also did the ChampioN stickers on the sides of the boat. I will do lower end grease if I can figure that out for a faststrike and change the impeller also. Have the parts just need to do it.

Pictures

Old Front Bezel and Switches

New Front Bezel and Switches

Old Driver switches with rogue switch - previous owner installed for graph power

New Driver switches - Rouge switch gone. anyone know how to put power to the little light inside the switch when it is turned on??? Jumpr from another switch with light power?

I also replaced the ignition key switch as the kill switch portion was not working. I think I might have switched a couple of wires. Anyone know what color the center wire is supposed to be? There were to purple, one witwh a red stripe and one with a white stripe. I took pictures before I pulled the wires but it was so out of focus that I can't really tell which wire when where?

Sorry for being so long but I am stoked to have this part done. I am on the back porch having a Miller. Really, it is miller time.

I could not have done this without all the help from you guys on the board. Iam a new member and glad I found this place to call cyber home. What a great place with great people. Thanks Guys!!!!!

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Damn man that looks great! My Ranger needs a little lipstick work....

As far as your new rocker switch, you probably need a ground jumper from another switch to complete the circuit to power the light. The "hot" wire is already present at the switch.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Damn nice looking job man. Just like TDub, I've been a Champs fan too ever since I took a test ride in one in the late 80's and it pinned my eyeballs back doing power turns damn near like a tournament Correct Craft of those days.

What weight carpet did you use and did you buy it locally or online?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the kind words guys. I got the carpet from C&O marine. spoke with a lady named Carol. It is a 20oz. carpet called salt & pepper. close to original color but not exact. I just got it registered on Friday so I am getting ready for my maiden voyage Tuesday afternoon on Austin. Have done lots of work, last 2 things are lower unit lube and impeller monday then off we go. Drained the old gas out today and will fill up with fresh new gas on the way wto the lake. If anyone needs help on the carpet or wetsanding/polishing I now have some experience. switches also came from C&O. Seats being ordered next week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andrew?

Skillz.... good job!
Hey is this you andrew? This is Don, Davids father, we got us a new to us boat. If you know anyone looking for a nice used boat pretty cheap let me know. We are selling our fiberglass tracker that we have had for 10 years. Great starter boat for someone.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Looks great...good work.
Nice boat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts