Bass Fishing Forum banner

DODGE MEGA BASS- This weekend!

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Cody_Ryan- 
#1 ·
Who's goin? TOZ will be there in full force! New truck for biggest bass every hour for two days! Only takes ONE bite... Come on by and let's hang out and talk fishin'!

#2 ·
C_R,

I will be there fishing with my pops! I actually won a free entry to the tourney last month at the Lake Fork Skeeter Tourney, so he is going to tow his boat out to Sam Rayburn (he is from Rockwall, east of Dallas) and I plan on meeting him out there at our hotel.

Wish I knew a couple folks on here who were going b/c with my car being a lease I have to monitor the mileage I put on there and an ad hoc trip out to Zavalla, TX is pretty brutal for keeping monthly quota, plus premium gas, blah blah.

Niether of us have ever fished that lake, but my aunt is on the women's BASS Tour and is giving us her coordinates and lure logs (yea, supposedly she keeps lure logs) from her tourneys and friends out there. Hopefully we will find a good one or two.

When are yall heading out and where will yall be staying? My dad and I likely wouldnt mind meeting up at some point, maybe after day 1 is over or something.

~Barrett

#3 ·
Barrett
Hey man, good luck! Sounds like you have an advantage over about 90% of the field right there! I think we are just banking on the fact that Rayburn burned my partner and I twice last year and we are due! HA- Probably going to end up in the same old water, chaseing the dream...
I have some business to take care of in Houston and meeting my partner at the boat ramp about midnight on Thurday evening. We don't have a room booked until Fri, Sat, and Sun but want to check to morning bite- We will post up for a few hours there, getting a plan together, then fish all day Friday (trying not to set the hook) and start hookin um Sat and Sun! We should be around and will be in a dark grey ford and blue Champion with Yamaha 300. We all have decals on our back windows that cover the entire back and are blue. Phones don't work for crud down there... Good luck and let's talk some fishin!

#8 ·
got 10 bass total be tween my dad and i and nothing over 2 lbs. A lot of driving and no new dodge for us :(

Great experience overall, though and I will soon be entering some local tourneys to help prep for the bigger ones like this. that lake is amazing.

Howd yall do?

#10 ·
DID ANYONE WIN A TRUCK????

History is being made July 26th and 27th on Sam Rayburn Lake with the world's richest two-day amateur hourly bass tournament.

Bass Champs presents the Dodge Mega Bass tournament, open to all amateur anglers who would like to participate.  The tournament itself is set up in an hourly format, with the top 10 bass of each hour cashing in on part of almost a half a million dollars worth of cash and prizes to be awarded.

The angler weighing in the top bass of every hour each day will win a brand new Dodge truck! A total of twelve trucks will be awarded during the two-day event.

All it takes is one bite.  Just one cast, one bass that is weighed in as the biggest bass of one hour and that lucky angler takes home a brand new truck!  The person who catches the largest bass overall will win the new 4x4 Dodge Mega-Cab with a Hemi.

Hourly bass tournaments are a little bit different from "regular" events.

In hourly tournaments anglers stay tuned on the water to the on-site radio station that keeps everyone informed as to what has been weighed in that hour.
Then it is like playing poker.  Each angler must decide whether to weigh his or her fish in that hour or hope for a different hand the next.

The 2nd annual Dodge Mega Bass event will be held July 26th & 27th at the Umphrey Family Pavilion on Lake Sam Rayburn.  For more information contact
Bass Champs, Inc.
817-439-3274
www.basschamps.com.

Bob Bartels, +1-334-332-0025, bob@b2ideas.com, for Bass Champs, Inc.

#11 ·
High pressure and high blue bird sky- needless to say it was tough... But someone caught 'um and they always do. I gambled and got burned WAY up in the river on day one. About 9 o'clock on Sunday I finally found a pretty consistant bite and stayed on them until the scales closed- No cigar! Long drive, hot weather, and crappy fishing... Why do we do this to ourselves? :-/ ;D

#12 ·
We caught all small ones on Saturday, Nothing to write home to momma about.

Did get to weigh in one the last hour on Sunday and got a little check, but we got a check.

Lots of fun, will do it again next year.

We all need to get together and stay at the same place.

Keep Fishing.

#14 ·
Caught it up in Harvey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.