Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my hands on my first Dobyns rod yesterday and have to say that I am pretty impressed. The Hook Up Tackle is offering a month long upgrade event where you can trade in any of your Duckett, Shimano, St. Croix, Powell, G.Loomis, or Dobyns rods for 60-80% of their original retail value towards the purchase of a new Dobyns. I have some Shimano Crucials that I have used and abused over the years that I will be sendiing in to take advantage, basically getting a new Champion series rod for around $130 bucks, which is hard to beat.

Fishing Tackle

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that 804CB is the ultimate trophy cranking rod.

Or you can have Kyle build you one, I got to chuck his new one recently and it is the tigglebitties.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Yeah, that 804CB is the ultimate trophy cranking rod.

Or you can have Kyle build you one, I got to chuck his new one recently and it is the tigglebitties.
Yea man Kyle built me an 8' cranker on a castaway blank, micro spiral mounted guides and the thing is awesome and beautiful... I need a bad ass worm rod, what do you guys suggest?? I'm gonna drop some change here pretty quick..

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dez, I would look at Power Tackle and Dobyns, both Texas companies and they make incredible rods. I currently use a Veritas for my t-rigs, but if I had the coin, I would be exploring those options.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Thanks man I have never had a PowerTackle rod in hand, who's got em on the shelf?? Cabelas maybe??

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cabela's does not, but Jacky normally does. Andy has a bunch, and I think Honcho has a worm rod of theirs that he might let you fondle.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
I will investigate . Been saying I'm gonna upgrade for a while but haven't had my hands on the good stuff yet.. I just don't get to fish much anymore damnit! I will ask Craig to show me his rod...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Check out the Falcon Cara rods. These are what I use. They are light weight and very sensitive rods and have a rod for almost every technique. The Finesse Jig rod (CC-5-1610 S) makes a good worm rod. They carry them at Bass Pro, Cabelas and have a few at Academy. Matter of fact, Academy has a few Caras marked down to $104 right now.

http://falconrods.com/index.php/rods-reels/rods/cara/cara-casting.html?p=1

D
obyn's are very nice too, I have the Champion 703C

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Check out the Falcon Cara rods. These are what I use. They are light weight and very sensitive rods and have a rod for almost every technique. The Finesse Jig rod (CC-5-1610 S) makes a good worm rod. They carry them at Bass Pro, Cabelas and have a few at Academy. Matter of fact, Academy has a few Caras marked down to $104 right now.
Word. I love my Falcon Cara's

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That's a pretty cool deal. I've wanted to get a 805cb for quite some time. Even tho i have some rods i really don't use that much anymore, i hate parting with any of them. There's almost always a situation in which that rod might come in handy. Hmm.... :)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Jacky only has the 7'3" composite and glass crankers in stock.

Plenty of good rods out there and lots of custom options as well, the Power Tackle 104 blank is built from a North Fork Composites blank and is a very versatile rod. If you decide to buy Power Tackle give me a shout first.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Thanks guys!! I do love my Falcons but mainly use their coastal versions and a couple ultralites. I want something badass, light with plenty of backbone... Will be putting either a chronarch or calais on it so weight will be a big part of the decision..

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, the Power Tackle rods are so freaking light for how much backbone they have.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It seems like I have my name on one of the two remaining 805cb rods HookedUp has in stock. I never really liked my Loomis CBR845 that much anyway... :)

Got a fast response to the email I sent. If that was any indication - seems like it's going to be a relatively quick and simple transaction.

BTW, if any of you have a 705cb (glass) you'd like to trade for my 705cb, lemme know. I think I may need a new glass rod for some of those situations...

·
Registered
564 Posts
I picked up a Dobyns Champion Extreme worm rod last year and loved it so much, I have bought 4 more Dobyns rods since.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts