Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, l didn't after the last trip to the lake. I just flat forgot. My bad.

So, after last night's rain I thought I'd go out, take the cover off the boat and let'er dry out a little. Then I noticed the plug was in.

"Uh oh" was my first thought.

Got the cover off enough to dry out and let me have access to the bilge. Whoa! There had to be over a foot of water in the bilge, over the pumps and almost up to the batteries. Took the drain plug out and water poured out of there like a busted fireplug! I've got the wet-dry vac out and fixin' to start on the carpets. Of course, the carpets always have to dry out regardless, even with the cover on. It's a Skeeter.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I did the same thing with the 12' alumacraft..... the gas tank was floating lol.

lucky for me, no carpet, no wood. Pull the plug and walk away :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Pulling the plug out and wash down might be a must pretty soon due to zebra mussels.
PopNCork, at the recent Hybrid Tournament in Belton there was a game warden at every ramp to make sure all fish taken out were dead. I didn't know that a zebra mussel could be transported by a fish but apparently so.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wonder if he was more interested in empty live wells than dead fish? Just a thought IDK.

PopNCork, at the recent Hybrid Tournament in Belton there was a game warden at every ramp to make sure all fish taken out were dead. I didn't know that a zebra mussel could be transported by a fish but apparently so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts