Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I know this post is ancient but I figured I would put the word out there. I live in the NorthCreek subdivision and before the heavy rain and floods, the place was fish-able and believe it or not it had tons of largemouth bass in it. On average I'd catch (and release) about 7-14 in about 1-2 hours. They were dinks, but the population has been revived with the lake levels and vegetation restored. You cannot fish it now since it's flooded but once the water recedes I'm sure they will still be there and be a little bit bigger.

I caught this 2 lb lmb there

Not anything to be super proud of but for the newly revived Devine Lake, I think it shows the growth of the fish there to be something worthwhile. Looking forward to the future years of fishing there. Not to mention it is right by my house!

· Registered
827 Posts
Went by there with the wife and one of my dogs the day before Memorial Day to scout it out. Watched 2 teens get 4 in about 10 minutes around 12 inches. It was already about 2 feet out of its normal pool then. Great little park, good place to take the kids to fish.

· Registered
582 Posts
Watched the lake dry the past few years, hoping to bring the kids there to bank fish one day since it's not to far from the house. There will be people full force out tomorrow keeping everything they catch. Oh well, I'm a few minutes closer to Jones Brothers park anyways. It's looking good when the debris settles. Getting my girls on some guads is better anyways.

· Registered
29 Posts
Watched the lake dry the past few years, hoping to bring the kids there to bank fish one day since it's not to far from the house. There will be people full force out tomorrow keeping everything they catch. Oh well, I'm a few minutes closer to Jones Brothers park anyways. It's looking good when the debris settles. Getting my girls on some guads is better anyways.
I've talked to a few teens and other fishermen there and I think I've made a positive influence. They all seemed to follow lead when I put everything back I caught. I'm a regular and they know I will say something if I see them taking anything out of the water. I can't account for the time I'm not there and there will always be those people doing the wrong thing. Just hope my presence will make a difference. Have fun at JBP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.