Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of the ramps on Lake Austin get deep fairly quickly, my vehicle and is low and has a short wheelbase so it doesn't like long flat
ramps. If anyone could tell me which ramps are a little steeper and get deep faster I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
None of the public ramps on LA seem long/flat to me. Between Walsh landing, city park, and quinlan, I'd say that Walsh has the best quality ramps of those three, with good steepness, fair amount of space to tie off to the dock, and three separate launching areas. That being said, now that it's warm, the morons are out in full force from 9am to dusk, so unless you enjoy waiting patiently for some inconsiderate A-hole to load his ski boat while parked in front of the ramp for 20 minutes, get there early, or nightfish, and get off the water before they show. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
None of the public ramps on LA seem long/flat to me. Between Walsh landing, city park, and quinlan, I'd say that Walsh has the best quality ramps of those three, with good steepness, fair amount of space to tie off to the dock, and three separate launching areas. That being said, now that it's warm, the morons are out in full force from 9am to dusk, so unless you enjoy waiting patiently for some inconsiderate A-hole to load his ski boat while parked in front of the ramp for 20 minutes, get there early, or nightfish, and get off the water before they show. Good luck.
What he said. :)

Walsh is nice and steep. LBJ is where I have trouble with shallow ramps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been launching at Quinlan since I started fishing LA (about 3 years) and have liked it, minus all crowds. I drive an '02 F150 with a 18' 2" Nitro, and the ramp seems perfect to me. Possible even too steep depending on which side of the ramp you're on.

Only problem I've had is that the ramp gets pretty slick if there have been a lot of trailers in and out. I'm due to replace my back tires, but I've had to throw it into 4x4 to get up the ramp a couple of times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.