Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Re: Deep Cycle Trolling Motor Battery Recommendati

I was talking to a few people at the ramp after the last jackpot T and a lot of people agreed with my theory. Go to WalMart and buy the battery you need for about 1/3 of the price. If it should ever fail, you can walk into any walmart in the country and get you a new one, pretty much no questions asked about age, etc...

You can spend more for Optimas, Trojans, etc but the warranty is only as good as a dealer who will honor it. And my batteries seem to always die when I am in the most remote locations, but always can find a walmart within 30 miles or so.

It's worked for me so far...I spend a good amount of money on a pair of Interstates that went out in 2 years, turns out they only warranty marine batteries for 1 year or so bs like that...why pay more?

If you really want to get sneaky, pull your wal mart batteries out before the 100% refund period is up (2 years I think) and take them back, you will never have to buy batteries again 8) ;D

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts

Ranger,

I have the AGM sealed battery from West Marine. It will put out 92 amps for 20 hours straight.

I have yet been able to drain it to less than half a charge.

Sort of pricey at 199.00, but I think you get what you pay for.

EA

·
Banned
1,799 Posts

I realize this is an old subject but I have been pleased with the AGM 2700 Dual Pro Series.

Their customer service was excellent.

Had a battery out of warranty and they prorated it to be cheaper than the Stoaways. Had it delivered the next day.

The cool thing was, they asked what kind of boat is the battery going in. When I replied, they said "fantastic, it will be there the next day and just keep the old one, even if it works."

kp

·
Registered
354 Posts

I have 4 Dual Pro 2700s in my boat and so far I love them. My boat is almost 4 years old, still have all four of the original batteries. Knock Knock. I am not looking forward to them going out. But if I can get 5-6 years out of them, they will be worth the price.

You can drain the heck out of them and they come back every time. Plus I think the AGM batteries do better with the vibration and the banging abuse they get. Plus you dont have to worry about drying out the cells.

You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts

You get what you pay for. Very true....

Yesterday at the FOM T, I was in my 18'' Procraft but yanked my AMG out of my other boat. 12 volt Troll ran on 4 ( 5 is max) for about 8 hours straight without even a hint of draining. On the top of the Minn Kota is say batt life on speed 4 (3 hours) That must be a wal-mart battery ;D ;D

EA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.