Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have been going on every Thusday since time change. But to help answer questions I am posting the time and rules:

1. Participants and Eligibility:
Decker Working Man’s Tournaments are open to all anglers.
A team will consist of one or two anglers per boat; all contestants must have a valid fishing license.

2. Entry Fees/Payout:
- Entry fees shall be $30.00 per boat per tournament $5.00 (optional) Big Bass pot * Payout as follows:
1-5 boats pay 1 place 100% of pot
6-10 boats pay 2 places 60%, 40% of pot
11+ boats pay 3 places 50%, 30%, 20% of pot

All ties will be resolved by splitting that place and the next place’s money.

*Big bass must be 21 inches or over if none caught pot rolls over. If two are caught biggest takes the pot. If big bass pot rolls over 5 weeks or more 3 weeks must be paid. For example, if in that 5 weeks a contestant has entered the BB pot three times he only has to pay 5 to enter if 2 times 10 if 1 time 15 if none 20 to enter that week’s pot. This starts over each time the pot is won.

3. Registration Times/Tournament Hours:
- Registration will begin at 5 pm
- Each team must register in person at the boat ramp. Cash only, no checks.
- Once paid you can leave but you can not start fishing until 5:30 pm.
- All boats are subject to a live well check.
-All boats must be back to boat ramp by 9 pm

4. Permitted Fishing Methods:
- Only artificial baits may be used. No live or cut bait is permitted (pork baits are permitted).
- All bass must be caught alive in a legal and sporting manner. No snagging.
- Each competitor may only use 1 rod at a time. No more than 1 line in the water at a time per angler.
- Trolling with the combustion motor is not permitted.

5. Live Fish/Weigh In:
- A limit of five bass (largemouth, smallmouth, Guadalupe/Spotted) may be weighed in per team.
- All fish must be under 14” and at least 11” or 21” and over. A dead fish can be weighed with a ¼ pound penalty.
-5 fish limit.
We will courtesy check one fish with out penalty.

6. Sportsmanship/Safety:
- All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation.
- Safe boating must be observed at all times.
- In case of inclement weather it will be the contestant’s decision to stay and fish or seek shelter/leave. Once tournament fees are paid and the tournament has begun there will be no refunds for any reason.

* Decisions of the Tournament Director are final and are not subject to appeal. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament Director.
* All participants expressly assume all risk(s) associated with tournament event and hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless all tournament officials from all claims or injury and/or damage arising out of, or related to and/or incurred in connection with tournament.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a really fun T and right now is the time to be on Decker (before it gets too hot)

There have been three overs caught this year already!!!

And limits have not been a problem to catch.

Just leave your boats hooked up from Wed night and come fish!!

Maybe we could even get EA  :cool: or Andy :cool:  to make a guest appearance!

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
TJ,

Alright, lay the guilt trip on us... ;D I will talk to Andy and see what we can do. He shut down that T two years ago when he killed the $1000.00 BB pot, so not sure if you want him there.

Eric

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric,

I will take my chances. After all how many acorns can there be for Andy to find. :D Lets get some guys out there, build up a BB pot and make it interesting.

T.J.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
TJ,

I hear ya, the name Nut Collector is already taken.

I am not a big fan of Decker, but I will talk to Andy and see what we can do.

Eric

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I'd be down to come out and donate to TJ and Kyle...did that nearly every week in 2007!

I'm headed to Maui this week to tear up the greens at Kapalua and try again for a friggin Marlin, won't be back until next Sat so maybe the following week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.