Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decker Working Man's Tournament 3-18-2010

Ok guys the first one will be 3-18-2010 these are the rules. Please note that there are some changes.

1. Participants and Eligibility:
- Decker Working Man’s Tournaments are open to all anglers.
- A team will consist of one or two anglers per boat; all contestants must have a valid fishing license.
2. Entry Fees/Payout:
- Entry fees shall be $35.00 per boat per tournament, which includes $30.00 main pot, $5.00 Big Bass pot.
- Payout as follows:
1-5 boats pay 1 place 100% of pot
6-14 boats pay 2 places 60%, 40% of pot
15+ boats pay 3 places 50%, 30%, 20% of pot
- All ties will be resolved by splitting that place and the next place’s money.
- Overall Big Bass (21 inches + since Decker is a slot lake) takes the entire Big Bass pot*
*Big Bass pot will roll to the next week if no “over” is caught. It will roll for 4 weeks. On the fourth week if no “over” has been caught the Big Bass Pot will be added to the main pot and paid out as stated above.
3. Registration Times/Tournament Hours:
- Registration will begin half an hour before the start time.
- Each team must register in person at the designated registration area. Cash only, no checks.
-After registering and paying contestant may leave. First cast 6:00pm
- Tournament hours will be 6:00pm to 9:30pm
- All boats are subject to a livewell check. Boats must be back to boat ramp (inside the no wake buoys) by 9:30pm
- It is the angler’s responsibility to get the official time from the Tournament Director.
4. Permitted Fishing Methods:
- Only artificial baits may be used. No live or cut bait is permitted (pork baits are permitted).
- All bass must be caught alive in a legal and sporting manner. No snagging.
- Each competitor may only use 1 rod at a time. No more than 1 line in the water at a time per angler.
- Trolling with the combustion motor is not permitted.

5. Live Fish/Weigh In:
- A limit of five bass (largemouth, smallmouth, Guadalupe/spotted) may be weighed in per team. There will be NO “courtesy” checks! Bring only 5 fish to the weigh in.
- All fish must be over 11” and under 14” or 21” and over and alive, we DO NOT weigh dead fish.
- Weigh-in will be back at the launch site on a first come first serve basis.
6. Sportsmanship/Safety:
- All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation.
- Safe boating must be observed at all times.
- In case of inclement weather it will be the contestant’s decision to stay and fish or seek shelter/leave. Once tournament fees are paid and the tournament has begun there will be no refunds for any reason.
* Decisions of the Tournament Director are final and are not subject to appeal. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament Director.
* All participants expressly assume all risk(s) associated with each tournament event and hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless, the host, all sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims or injury and/or damage arising out of, or related to and/or incurred in connection with this tournament.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Re: Decker Working Man's Tournament 3-18-2010

Might miss the first one.....thats my first day back from a vacation....but should make some others.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts

Bobo, remember what happened last time you called out a few "posers" and invited them to fish this T :-X

good luck tonight, can't make it but will make a few in the future...

·
Registered
351 Posts

;D OUCH, thanks for the reminder :(. still have a band-aide on my ass from that one :'(. let me rephrase then. what i ment to say is please everyone who can come and fish with us tonight, PLEASE do so. this is a great little lake with lots of fish and other than me everyone out there is a great guy or gal. we just want some good ole compatition. Our # have been down the last few years and we would just like to get a few more boats out there. Sorry, if i offended anyone with my earlier comment, I only ment to light that competitive fire under some of yall to get you to come out. Hugs and Kisses all around. :-* :-*

·
Banned
5,460 Posts

Thanks for the hugs and kisses...

I will make one of these soon, Decker can be really fun at times and it's a great change of pace...

·
Registered
351 Posts

Headin that way now. Gotta see if I can figure out how to catch a fish to weigh. Will be fishing with or without a partner but I alwas like to have a good net-man on back. ;). If you want to fish with me tonight call me. 656-6659.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everybody who came out last night. We had 8 teams fish. Everyone reported catching fish but not at the rate we all expected to. Most fish seemed to come off the main lake in front of the reeds on plastics wacky rigged. The creeks did not seem to be holding many fish, yet. There were fish schooling in the outlet but other than one Hybrid I could not get them to bite.

Results:

1st. Place Ken and Mike with 5 fish- 6lb. 9oz.  $144.

2nd Place Kyle and T.J. with 5 fish- 5lb. 3oz.    $96.

No Big Bass was caught so $40. will roll over to next week.

The next tournament will be Thursday, March 25th

Due to everyone’s input we will start next week at 5:30pm and end at 9:00pm

I will start collecting money next week at 5:00pm.

Again thanks to everyone who came out and tell your buddies to come out and fish with us!!

T.J.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes they are posted. Look a little lower in the tournament section.

·
Registered
291 Posts
if i dont fish next wed ill fish this straight after work for sure. kinda all depends on what night my gf goes to happy hour. ::)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts