Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i spent this morning from 6:15a to 9:45a on decker and didnt catch squat. i didnt even get a bite! i threw half my tackle box with no luck at all! i tried 3" plastic shads, 5" plastics shads, plastic lizzards, rat-l-traps, hula poppers, spook jr's but still nothin'! :mad:

the air temp was cooler than its been latley thanks to the high pressure system moving out west, but the water was still very warm. warm enough for a comfortable bath actually! the bass were'nt hitting the schools of shad like they normally do. as a matter of fact there was i nice sized school hanging out under my raft for about 30 mins. i thought i saw fish hitting the surface on the opposite side of the lake from the boat ramp but after paddling halfway across the lake i realized it was just a group of swallows skimming the surface. ::)

later on at about 1:00p i went out to town lake and parked under the i-35 bridge for some bank fishing. long story short i had no luck there either. :-/

again i threw tons of stuff, i even tried crappie jigs! what was funny is that i could see small groups of bass ranging from about 1lb-3lb cruising the shore. i would toss out a 4" blk w chart tail power worm and stop it in the path of the cruising bass and they would stop and look at it. they would just sit there without moving untill i took the worm jig out of the water then they would just keep on going. it seemed like every fish in the lake was showing interest, but nothing actually went for anything! i had a panfish run off with the tail on my hula popper but thats about the closest thing to a bite i got all day! ;D i bailed out at 3:00p

all in all i had a horrible day of fishing and i hope to never have a day this sucky again! :'(

·
Registered
81 Posts
great report and im sorry things didnt work out for you...i was on town lake today towards dusk and was skunked as well...i also used half my tackle box in the hopes of even a dink but no such luck. the fish just havent showed up lately on the lakes. Although i had luck at the hills golf course today on one of their ponds catching a few small ones on a scum frog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.