Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forecast wind was favorable for taking the Pond Prowler back to Decker. I launched first as usual. I had the lake to myself for over half an hour. I cast wacky senko to the reeds and caught a pound and a half largemouth. Next cast I caught a gar. I went down the reed line and caught a nice string of cookie cutter fun fish, all on senko. A beaver or nutria swam near my boat. The senko bite died along with the breeze. I decided to take advantage of the calm and make an easy transit back to the western arm. I picked up a couple on Texas rig on the way. The sun and wind burned off the overcast. The skies became partly cloudy with a gentle sea breeze.

It was 10am, time to put on sunscreen. Yesterday, right after I slathered on sunscreen I was paged into work. I considered my options. I decided that, since the weather is nice and the bite should come around, I’m going to get my launch fee’s worth! I slathered the SPF. On cue, the work pager went off. I must have premonition, because I was very near the ramp.

I finished the work in short order. I got home and the wife suggested I take her to Pflugerville. This made me happy, so we loaded up and off to the lake. The park was very crowded. I lucked out and got a parking spot. We put in at 2pm and made the rounds. We caught senko fish at every stop. Mrs. Jeremy outfished me eight fish to seven and she got big bass, a 2-11 chunker. Off at 5pm.
CDDA8AEE-A780-4A88-B696-7BC69726280C.jpeg
494B0C2B-D260-4F7A-A5DE-D4D601F503B8.jpeg
FE803A65-FE34-454A-B7B7-C116CFAD572B.jpeg
F72D618A-249D-4963-8B67-9EC4FC2D19DB.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Jeremy! Been following you and the Pond Prowler for quite some time. My wife is giving me a Pond Prowler for my birthday. Maybe I will see you out at Pflugerville in the near future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts