Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got to hit up Decker yesterday for the first time :)
I have to say, I really enjoyed it. It was real windy, but we found a few somewhat calm areas behind points and such. Fished from about 5:30-8:30pm. Partner caught 5 and I caught 4. All fish were keepers. Best five would have gone 14-15lbs. Wanted to fish some deep water for some hawgs, but too windy. Caught all our fish along the reeds ;) on t-rigged worms, WW, and fluke. I did notice a lot of bank fishing, kids swimming at the boat ramp, and other ghetto-ness that I wasn't too keen on, but nothing to stop me from going back.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Nice fish, not trying to rain on your parade but I don't think those were keepers due to the slot (14-21).
Just wanted you to know the slot limit, fish can get expensive if the GW stops by and yoiu have a live well full of slot fish.

There is always a lack of class at decker, some days are worse than others. People just don't understand it's not a good idea for your kids to be swimming at the boat ramp. I've had problems with people fishing the boat ramp, and not getting out of the way when trying to launch.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Kids playing and swimming around boat ramp is getting to be a problem. I guess you could call the GW and tell him about it or the useless park police. You can ask nicely or ask if that great big snake is still living under the boat dock. Signs every place telling people what they can and cannot do, and still you have to talk to these dumba$$ like they are 3 years old!!! Just venting, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.