Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LARRY IS THE BEST FISHERMAN I HAVE EVER FISHED WITH. HIS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE TOWARD FISHING MAKE BILL DANCE LOOK LIKE AN AMATEUR. BOOGER CAUGHT A BIG FISH LAST NIGHT AT DECKER NIGHT TOURNAMENT. WON 1ST PLACE (AGAIN!!) BUT I HAVE SEEN LARRY CATCH BIGGER.

NICE FISH BOOGER​
LOVE MIKE​

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sweet! Decker seems really good right now. I've had good trips there over the last few weeks although nothing big. Got my boat last spring and I did catch my PB at Decker last spring.

How big?

·
Registered
351 Posts
it was 9.5 i caught it on a 4 inch kreit kreature.caught a 7 pounder in last weeks tourney on one too.it is fast becoming my favorite soft plastic.oh and i will go up against ole larry heads up on decker anytime.its on.three weeks in a roll now and if my memory is right he was fishin all of them too.lol.love ya larry.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Nie Fish, really don't understand the Bill Dance reference. ::)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yea I guess Bill Dance is ok, every show I've ever seen him do was a glorified walmart commercial. Have y'all ever seen one of his blooper shows. That's the clumsiest guy on the planet. They say every time he does a show he carries two extra identical sets of clothes because he falls of the boat so often, No joke that fact was stated on the show along with about 20 clips of him falling off!

·
Registered
351 Posts
bill dance has not won alot of pro tourneys,not anywhere close to roland martin 19 BASS tourney wins and 9 time BASS angler of the year.dance was only two time angler of year and only won a few tourneys and this was when BASS was only about 60 anglers total.bill couldnt hang with the big boys today.I agree with the fact bill is just a commercial.and most of his bloppers are staged.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Bill Dance:

Tournament Information: 23 National Bass Titles; Bassmaster Classic Qualifier 8 out of 9 years and finished 2nd in 1973. Three time B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year - 1970, 1974 & 1977. Of 78 total B.A.S.S. entries, finished 64 times in the money. 7 wins, 8 times runner up, 6 third place, 40 top ten finishes (51% of tournaments entered) and 51 top 20 finishes (65%). In first 11 tournaments, was only out of the top 7 once. Won 7 of the first 17 events entered (41%).

• Retired from competition in 1980 at the age of 39.

• Credited with catching the first bass in B.A.S.S. history.

• Credited with popularizing the "Carolina Rig".

Other Awards: 1978 Congressional National Water Safety Award [Past Recipients: Lloyd Bridges and Jacques Cousteau]; US Army Corps of Engineers Commander's Achievement Award for Water Safety, 1999. Inductee: National Freshwater Hall of Fame, 1986, Professional Bass Fishing Hall of Fame, 2001, and inducted into the International Game Fish Association Hall of Fame, 2006. National Water Safety Spokesman for the US Coast Guard, 2005. Male Professional Athlete of the Year, Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame, 2006. President's Award, National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA).

I don't know Larry's carrer as a professional fisherman, he may very well have out done Bill but more likely big_b_garza had a few too many after the tourny and was just exagerating a little. ;D

·
Registered
846 Posts
656E605865586066757D66070 said:
Don't we all exaggerate a little. We"re all fishermens aren't we and it was only a joke towards bogger. Sorry alot of people did't get the joke and got offended.
Don't worry about it, I think everyone except 1 person knows your were kidding. I think everyone here has done it once or so, on here, or other places.

Emmett

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.