Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robert Ranger R77 and I fished Decker on a very windy Monday,  January 19th (forecasted 5-10MPH winds and ended up being more like 25-30MPH).
We fished all over the lake and ended up catching 18 fish total (14 for Robert and 4 for me)  Robert's largest was 3.65 lber. and our total for best 5 fish was 12.24 lbs.  We won't find out until February APBC bass club meeting if anyone else did any good or better than us, but sounded like everyone had a very tough day.  Robert caught all of his on a Strike King Bleeding Red Eye Shad lipless crankbait and caught mine on same but red colored.  Here is the photo of Robert's 3.65 lber.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
The actual weather forecast was calling for winds from 5-10mph, gusting to 15mph in the PM...Well. :p

Arrived at 7am, to find the winds out of the North at 15mph. Water temp was 53.1 degrees on in-take side. Fished the discharge, with no luck. They were not generating...Moved to front side, near ramp to get out of the gale force winds.

NOAA reported sustained winds of 22mph, gusting to 35mph by noontime. This made it tough to fish. We had to find grass, within 10-15 feet of water to get bit. The rocks at the dam, looked like the Galveston jetties, with the waves crashing 4-5 feet up them...Never found any hot-spot, just look for underwater hydrilla and use lip-less crank baits..Next time hope to pick a less windy day.  ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.