Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John and I started out early and killed them in the shallows - 1 to 3'.  Best bait for me was a 5" unweighted swim bait.  Landed 5 and missed that many until I figured out that I needed to delay my hookset.  I used that until it was too torn up to recognize then switched to a fluke.  After the sun came up we switched to CR centipedes and shaky head rattlesnakes in 4 - 6'.  Caught a total of 43 between us.  At least 30 were in the slot, probably 25 were 16 - 19".  Nothing big but a good morning none the less.  Actually, not nearly as good as last week when we got into the schoolies.  We boated 79 in less than 2 hours.  

Yesterday we were off the water by 11:00 AM with engine troubles.  The boat is in the shop.  Luckily we got our licks in early.

Ray

· Registered
25 Posts
I fished Decker last night, and caught 8 LMB after dark on the dam on Zoom finesse worms, texas rigged.

The game warden was out there checking people as they came off the lake. He was giving a group of people tickets for no fishing licenses and short catfish. He checked my fishing license before I left.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The swim bait was a Big Bite Swim Minnow. The color was Blue Back Herring. It may have been mislabeled because the back was brown and the body is gold and green glitter. Their color selection is poor except for this one. It has good action on a 5/0 wide gap hook but I found it helpful to remove the back 2/3 of the dorsal fin to expose the hook.

· Registered
842 Posts
OT_Ray, I was out there yesterday morning as well. I didn't do as good as ya'll, but I did catch about 4 LMB that went about 2# each. I got mine on top water with a frog in the vegitation. Had a great time, I missed about 6 or so nice ones as well.
I think I talked to ya'll when I got off the water. I was in the Grn Nitro Fish & Ski. Ya'll had a good day on the water for sure.

Emmett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.