Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I went for the 1st time to Decker today, to fly-fish from my kayak ... no bites at all, and I tried some very nice flies .... I fished the grass ... nothing.
Any tips ? there is a tournament soon and I would like at least to come back with one fish :D
thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would try to figure out what's possibly hatching out there right now (mayflies etc..), and try a fly that immolates what's actually out there. From there you should get on the TFF and ask the guys there. I believe they have a fly fishing section and I'm sure you could get some more info there. Good Luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
strus, is it possible to make a fly that looks like a mosquito, because there are some huge suckers out on Decker lake. :D,,,But seriously, I've seen lmb jump out of the water out there to strike dragon flys that have landed near the water on the Bull Rush, I bet that would be a blast to float a dragon fly looking fly, very near the bull rush. I can always hear the bass popping way into the bullrush where you can't cast. if you could some how get way back into the bullrush you'd probably see a lot more fish than most boats. In some areas the bullrush comes off the shore for 60-70 yard, It's just hard to tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.