Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been fishing decker tourney and doing pretty good here is what i have been doing to catch them.hope it helps.for the past 5 weeks been catching most of our fish getting about 15 feet from the reeds in the back of pockets and creeks and a few points on the front of the boat i will throw a 1/4 ounce spinnerbait with #3 willowleaf and small colorado tandem as close as possible to all the targets the reeds provide.on the back my partner will flip a senko type bait on a 1/8 ounce weighted hook into all the pockets and areas i cant get too.colors really havent been a factor for we have used many colors with the same effect.late when it gets dark we try to fish the last few minutes on the grass with texas rig 1/4 ounce .this is how we caught our two overs this year.hope this helps and maybe brings a few more people out on thursday night.this pattern is productive all day but the last 2 hours of the day the bite blows up.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Decker has definately been fishing well this yr. 2 other hot baits that have been producing this yr are TR baby rattlesnakes and rattletraps. My largest fish of the yr so far came off decker. It was 22" in length and weighed 6lb 10 oz according to my scale ;) Caught it on a watermellon/chartruese baby rattlesnake right up against the reeds.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.