Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentleman. Late Report but here goes. Cold fronts every weekend, has made it tough on the weekend angler. So I called in on tue and wed with the warm weather. Called several buddies trying to get someone to go fishing but everyone was working so headed out solo. Got to the lake at 1:00PM. Air temp was 82. Wind was blowing 15 - 20 MPH. Water temp on Ramp side was 58 and 60 on the discharge side. Warmed to 62 by 5:00. Fished the reed lines with a TR  baby rattlesnake in Watermellon/Chartruese. Caught 25 LM bass. Largest was 4 lbs, 2 right at 3 lbs rest were mostly 1.5 - 2. Lots of footballs. The ladys were full of eggs.  Should be Spawning anyday now. Wed I called a buddy (Chad- tekateklr ) and told him I had really slayed them on Tue. Want to catch some fish? We met at the ramp at 9:00. Second cast I hook a 2 lb chunk. Thought it was on again. It was slower on Wed for some reason. We fished hard till 3:30. We did catch 18 between the 2 of us. but was slower than Tue. Did have several coldies and a blast on the water with several fish still succombing to the rattlesnake. Decker is fishing really good right now. Spring is here, now if the dam fronts would just settle down.

Jim  ;D

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I knew for sure. My opinion is that they moved further back in the reeds getting ready to spawn. Almost all of the bites the days I was out there were right on the reed line.

Girlfriend has the explorer today or I would be out there this morning trying to figure it out. Its a bummer having a boat and no way to get it to the lake.LOL

Jim

· Registered
2,297 Posts
Re: Decker Feb  24th & 25th

Thanks for the report Jim, sounds like the action on Decker is really picking up. Fishing during the week can't be beat. ;D

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.