Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
congrats to kelly K. and james G. for collecting $205 with a nice decker over.this was the end of the big bass pot for this year but we will still be fishin the tourney without the BB pot.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Why would you stop fishing with the big bass pot?

Why not just start a new one?

I think the reason a lot of these guys fish the tournament is for the big bass pot.

Chris

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for 1 thing bass man there is no reason to think the BB pot is the reason people come due to the fact that before we had a BB POT we where gettin 20 + teams and since putting it in the numbers have been dropping.also, i have been against the BBpot the whole time and it obviously is not the reason people come,so i dont want to mess with it anymore.but i do like gettin suggestions on how to run this from people who dont even participate but does seem to like being my critic,so thanks ;). the fish was a 21 1/2 incher that weighed 5.4

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Bobo, I think Bass_Man was only asking a question. No need to be an azzhole about it. Its called constructive criticism. Some of us are not fortunate enough to own boats and I know for a fact that Chris works two jobs and has little time to fish. Don't beat everyone over the head so hard, it will be ok. No one is against you, he was only trying to help. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jukebox,azzhole??? i didnt call him names or attack him in any way i gave him a answer to his ? and commented on how he seems to be my critic, i didnt call him a name like azzhole.and was it a question or constructive criticism, they are different. ;)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
5F725F724255727170786E1D0 said:
jukebox,azzhole??? i didnt call him names or attack him in any way i gave him a answer to his ? and commented on how he seems to be my critic, i didnt call him a name like azzhole.and was it a question or constructive criticism, they are different. ;)
::)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
05280528180F282B2A2234470 said:

First of all no matter witch way I was saying it, you did not have to reply the way you did.

Now, Even if I was not working two jobs at close to 70hrs a week and even if I had a boat with all the money in the world, I still would not fish your T. I can't believe you are trying to get people to come out and fish your T's and then you get on here and act like that. You need to grow up and stop being such a baby about everything, I don't see why anyone would want to fish this T after watching the way you have acted in the past few weeks.

Well I am not going to waste anymore of my time on you, Have a nice life.

Chris
AKA The_Bass_Man

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
who are the ones beeing babies here ? not me ,i just answered your ? i didnt call you names i didnt attack you in any way except to say i thought you were my critic.maybe not everyone knows how this all started bass man.remember,there was a post from a guy(it wasn't a very good 1 )but the way you attacked the guy was childish(just like how you are acting now)and i said something allong with 3 other members about how we thought you shouldn't act that way.i didn't call you names(like you 2 really mature guys have been doing)and again no names i just answered your ?i guess you cant handle that .anywas ,i do want people to come to our not my T.just not someone like you that seems to get his jollies being a prick.im sorry you work 2 jobs and dont have a boat(how this became part of it i dont know)but maybe if you had a boat you would have more time to fish rather than being the forum critic.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
725F725F6F785F5C5D5543300 said:
who are the ones beeing babies here ? not me ,i just answered your ? i didnt call you names i didnt attack you in any way except to say i thought you were my critic.maybe not everyone knows how this all started bass man.remember,there was a post from a guy(it wasn't a very good 1 )but the way you attacked the guy was childish(just like how you are acting now)and i said something allong with 3 other members about how we thought you shouldn't act that way.i didn't call you names(like you 2 really mature guys have been doing)and again no names i just answered your ?i guess you cant handle that .anywas ,i do want people to come to our not my T.just not someone like you that seems to get his jollies being a prick.im sorry you work 2 jobs and dont have a boat(how this became part of it i dont know)but maybe if you had a boat you would have more time to fish rather than being the forum critic.

For someone that was not calling anyone any names, You sure did just call me some names.

Ask anyone on here that knows me and knows how I am, I am not a bad guy nor do I try to start things with anyone.

All I did was ask why you guys why you were not doing the big bass pot anymore, I don't see how that is being your critic?

I should have known better then to reply to one of your post again, You seem to always take things the wrong way.

Chris

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am not trying to start anything either,i didnt thing how i answered your ? was all that bad and you (considering our history)should understand me thinking you where being condisending(if that is how you spell it)and yes i started throwing out names,a guy can only take so much.i blew my lid and for that i was wrong and i am sorry.but,what was so bad about how i answered your ? in the first place ,did it require me being called names.if you and your buddies cant handle me answering your ?'s then you are right you shouldn't ask.once again, IF i was wrong and you where not being condisending i am sorry i took it that way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
why is everybodies panties in a knot.  I personally believe the reason that the Decker tourny doesn't have a big turn out is because.
1 Decker lake is not know as a great bass lake
2 the BB of the year is on 5.4 lbs, and it took 1/2 a year to catch it
3 nobody wants to be on that lake after dark
4 water temps will soon reach 102 degrees
5 best fish on Decker are the hybrids
6 not enough ramps or Docks for large tourney
7 unresonalbe curfew of 10pm
8 likely to get mugged by the friendlies out there.

I bet if you turned your tourney from a bass tourney to a hybrid tourney, you'd have a much greater turn out, and one fresh and inivative idea.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well put boozer,one thing thou, the big bass of the year is 9.5 and there has been 3 overs this year.but other than that you are right on.except the hybrid thing.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
1835183505123536373F295A0 said:
i am not trying to start anything either,i didnt thing how i answered your ? was all that bad and you (considering our history)should understand me thinking you where being condisending(if that is how you spell it)and yes i started throwing out names,a guy can only take so much.i blew my lid and for that i was wrong and i am sorry.but,what was so bad about how i answered your ? in the first place ,did it require me being called names.if you and your buddies cant handle me answering your ?'s then you are right you shouldn't ask.once again, IF i was wrong and you where not being condisending i am sorry i took it that way.
Of corse I was not.

I was just telling you that if I had a boat or the time, I would find Tournament that had a big bass pot to fish. IMO I think you should start a new BBP, I remember when they use to fish T's out there all the time and the BBP got up over $1,000 and there were a ton of guys fishing the T just for that.  I'm sorry that you miss understood what I was saying. Maybe you should ask someone next time what they are trying to say instead of going on the defiance so quick.

Chris

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes ,you are right bass man,i am sorry i judged to quickly,if it was anyone else i would not of taken it that way though.we have seem to have gotten off on a bad leg. :)i dont have any real problem with you,actually i dont even know you except for our last few weeks of love we have been sharing. ;)lets bury the hatchet now.i am SORRY for taking your constructive critism the wrong way.if you would like(as a peace offering)i will kick my uncle out of the back seat one if these thursdays and have you there.cool?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
truely the reason i am not going on with the BB pot is that i dont think it brings in anymore people untill it gets big.and i dont think im a wimp or anything but you all know where decker is and the crowd that forms there at night, its no fun at the end of the T. when every fisherman has gone and i am standing there with a pocket full of BB money that everyone there seen me put there.i dont carry a gun or any weapon but i bet lots of that crowd does.just not worth it to me. :'(

·
Registered
265 Posts
holy smokes, I didn't know there was a 9.5lb bass caught out at decker lately. I guess I misunderstood what the BB pot was. I'm surprised that bass lived long enough to get that big, with as hot as the water gets out there during the summer. I'd like to see some sort of mixed bag fishing tourney out there. Maybe some 8 hr tourney where you weigh in all your legal keepers, Bass, hybrid, and catfish. Like the triatholon of the fishing world. That would put your true fishing skills to the test. I'd definetly be in on something like that. Can you imagine it. Catch shad, run jugs or trotline, free-line shad, and jig and cast for bass. ******* olympics here we come.....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think that is alittle much.lol ;D.but if someone was to put it on i would be there.boozer you said earlier that decker wasn't known as a good fishing lake for bass,it might not be KNOWN as a good bass lake,but there is no better shallow water bass lake in the austin area.its got just about every kind on structure, a million flippin targets with half of them having a bass on it,to the fisherman that spends just alittle time on it your average catch is 20 to 30 bass and most are 2 to 3 pounds,every year i catch a 8+pounder on it.a few years back,before they killed off the grass,we had 20+ overs weighed in in one year.but to each his own,i just like that little ole' fishin hole. :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts