Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We hit the water at 7am fished until 10:30. Caught a dozen LMBs, 5 whites, 1 drum, and 3 Hybrids. Trolling crank spoon combos. Water temp. 94. For over 2 hours the fish were chasing the shad to the top all around us. Was pretty exciting seeing all the action. The LMBs are schooling as we had a 3LB on the crank and a 1lb LB on the spoon on the same catch. The Hybrids this year have been very sporadic and I have not got into big schools. The size has been there. The biggest hybrid went 24.5 inches and about 6LBs. The lake record for Hybrid on TPWD is 25 inches and 8.58lbs that must have been a fat fish. This is my PB Hybrid.

Same Fish

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Yes it has been different this year from last year. Last year it seemed like we would always catch a ton of whites. This year the whites have been hit or miss and same with the hybrids. I also had 2 trips in a row where we caught 3-5 catfish trolling crank/spoons and I didnt catch one catfish last year doing this. Wierd or I'm not fishing the right spots.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I know I have had some bigger ones on. I have had trebles on my cranks straightened out. I am going to keep hitting it. Nothing fights like a big Hybrid!

http://www.austinbassfishing.com/forum/members/18611.htmlDisinclined if you research old posts there is a lot of info on trolling for these. Basically troll a crank bait with a small pet spoon. I tie my spoon directly to the back of the crank, but others use a three way swivel. The depth changes at different times of the year. Right now I am usually around 12'-15' diving depth. I use shad colored cranks, but I have read in several posts people using fire trigger. I posted a pic of my setup a while back. Look for humps, structure, or drop offs. I have caught them all over the lake so there is not only one spot to get them. Have fun with it and try different things. I have had great days with a 30' jet diver and a pet spoon, no crank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts