Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up three minutes before the alarm went off. I turned it off and rolled over to sleep in. A minute later, like an automaton, I got up and turned on the Mr. Coffee. I had the nagging feeling of unfinished business at Decker.

I had exhausted my primary power pack yesterday, so I loaded its charged but unproven twin into the hoopty. I hoisted Old Glory and made the short commute down the SH. I pulled thru the gate, first. I launched the Pond Prowler and started the long transit. It only takes thirty minutes from my home to the ramp and over an hour from the ramp to the home of the giants.

Once again, I put on blinders, and focused on the heading, drawing the shortest route possible. After thirty minutes, I looked back and saw a power boat round the peninsula. I figured he’d overtake me, but no, he stopped and fished peninsula mainlake shoreline. Why?

The fish I’m after are dirt shallow. I kept cruising and coasted into the home of the giants. Fog enveloped the cove and I pushed up into the backwater. I was hoping the recent rain had positioned them back here. I caught a couple of fun fish. I cast up close to the reeds and let the senko settle. Thump! I reeled down and r’ared back getting a good bend in the rod. The water exploded, white and green, shattering the still morning. Got the crooked spine five-pound four-ounce big’un in the boat and shivered with glee! Finally! It took all three days of this holiday weekend to catch another five pound bass from Decker.

I fished my way out of the cove, boating a couple more fun fish. I tried to pitch a beaver into the reeds, but that’s not my style. I moved to the outside edge and got a couple more. I started my way back to the ramp. I’d hammered this cove relentlessly for three days. The fish were probably happy to see me go.

I stopped at a main lake hydrilla patch and anchored. I tried drop-shotting and got a couple perch taps. I cast out the big worm, Texas-rigged. I missed a couple short strikes and then the worm got smoked! I r’ared back and this fish gave the fight of its life. I was stoked to get him in the boat, a hard charging three-pound ten-ounce stud. I caught two more fun fish on the Ol Monster. I took a look at the weather app, all clear according to the Fake Radar, but the dark clouds on the horizon told a different story. The lake was calm, but that was foretelling doom for the Pond Prowler. I pulled the anchor and continued the trip back, all ahead flank. My timing couldn’t have been better. As I rounded the penisula, the wind shifted hard from the west and thunder rumbled across the lake. Off at 12:30pm.
7213239A-A79A-4068-BE0E-C924E2BD4DB9.jpeg
D100F73A-26AF-4FC1-AA0E-76F127CD8D8F.jpeg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Jeremy, you continue to make me proud to know you and wishful that I could fish as well as you do. Nice fish too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts