Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No surprises, we launched first. The sign at the gate said No Motor Boats 7/3-7/5. The gate attendant waved us in. The yakkers had what looked to be a tourney table at the ramp. A yakker told me he called the city and was told that this is the city’s standard holiday order regarding motors. The only standard I’ve ever heard about is the ban on PWC’s.

No worries, we were up on plane right after the No Wake buoys. Todd’s Stratos has the smoothest ride imaginable, like buttuh. The firing order of the big two-stroke has an organic rhythm. No discussion of starting spot was necessary. We were making turns for the home of the giants.

Todd dropped the troller. I thought, “Why should I bother with junk fishing,” and grabbed my senko rod. A couple casts later and I boated the first of the four three-pounders I caught today. Todd quickly started thowing senko and bagged a five-pound four-ounce hoss, the best of the day. I needed to catch a better fish, so I started junk fishing. No bites on anything but senko. Today ended my streak of three consecutive trips to Decker with at least one fish bigger than five pounds.

However, I was real happy with the quality of the three-pounders I was catching. Another super fun day at Decker. We wound up with eighteen. Off at 11am.
624C7752-8F7F-4FB7-B565-AE2BD949B9C7.jpeg
7EE0BFF0-5A46-430D-83AC-7668F5325264.jpeg
BBA8B8B8-A47A-4D3F-8DC6-E69941A4E8CE.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great advice, welder! I really like waving a big’un under Todd’s nose. Back in the day, it’d really jack him up. However, it’s long swim back to the ramp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts